multiposition exhaust hangers?

seatown.P5

Contributor
:
'03 Midnight Blue P5
So, like many other members on the board, I've got this exhaust (JIC) that sits a little too close to the bumper for my comfort. I don't want to end up with a melted bumper.

Does anyone have any experience with the JC Whitney "multiposition exhaust hangers"? I can't really tell from the pic how the thing works. Anyone?

multiposition exhaust hanger (uhm)

do you have the slide on section jammed up on there as hard as possabe? did you do it yourself or have a shop do it? cause i had a problem with their crappy clap being a piece of crap so i repalced it with one from auto zone. i have about 1/2 an inch of clearance all the way around now.

I was trying to do it myself. With both the stock hangers and Kartboy hangers, the exhaust tip was simply too close for comfort to the bumper.

I'll be hitting the part shops now. You're right, that part doesn't look like it'll work for our cars.

do you have any pictures of your problem? and how low does yours hang below your car? or is it level with the bottom?

No pics, by the time I got the thing on and saw how it was touching the bumper, I was far too frustrated to remember to take pics. I plan on doing it again in a few weeks though and will snap a few then.

How low was it? You mean, how low was the muffler? Not low at all if I remember correctly. Definetly no lower than the stock can.

Back