MSpeed Miata/MX5 link

Nice. The MSM performance-wise is gonna kick some serious butt especially relative to the price. However, if you ask me, the Miata's styling, even with the Mazdaspeed treatment is OUTDATED! I know is it going to be redesigned soon, but it should have been done already IMO. Still, very nice car, and I would consider one just for the performance alone, but I would definitely have to but some aftermarket stuff to freshen up the looks.

IHI turbio @ 7+ psi...Bilstein shocks, Toyo tires...

Hmmm, sounds like they've been talking to some people.

I think the look is very BLA.

I've seen some very very nice miata's. Mazda could have done something a little better to freshen up the look. some side skirts...anything. I'm very surprised they left this so plain

that being said, I'd say this thing will sell better then the MSP. Different audience, more proven platform, it's just got more things going for it.

Last edited:
It's definitely growing on me. I like the fact that they are continuing some of the interior themes from the MSP. They definitely picked some superior aftermarket manufacturers on this one. Wish the wife could afford to buy herself one, so we could be a two-Speed family. Oh well, mabey a used one down the road. I'll hold out my hopes for production of an MS3. Puhlease!!!

That car is super-clean. We have 6 coming to the dealership for 2004 and 5 of them for 2005. Anyone want to place an order for the Illinois region let me know.

redwagon02 said:
pedals???

Yeah, the pedals are... different. Not sure what's up with the bottom of the brake pedal. In terms of interior theme I meant it's carrying over the look of the MP3/MSP with the silver dash trim and the silver faced guages. Sorry, if it seemed as though I was saying that they shared parts. This is definitely its own car I just like that they are making the MS designs seem like they are a family instead of each one being radically different from before. Of course if they make an MS3 I am in hopes they'll make the guages like the ones in the three.

I am already dreaming about what to do to it first. Definitely replace that chrome Mazdaspeed logo with one from the MSP and then.... um ....... thats it. Then it would be perfect.

Dexter said:
no way man, the look is classic :)

you're damn right. leave the car alone. and i hope to god whatever course they take in the redesign, it looks nothing like that hideous Mazda Ibuki concept roadster.

an S2000 costs only two grand more but tack on 70 more horsepower :( sorry but if FM can wring 250 whp out of an old 1.6 with thier turbo, why is Mazda being so conservative with this car?

Back