MSP5 yes i said p5

shrive81

Alright i just finished installing the MSP intake\exhaust manifold with the ecu and injen cai, fidanza 7.5lb flywheel and turbo zs dual stage boost controller. I finished this last night and the car runs good all through the gears but sometimes when I rev the engine and let off it will go down to very low RPM's and some times even stall, i have checked all my hoses and i am almost positive they are all hooked up but i can't figure out WTF is going on, I mean it drives perfectly and it idles fine its just when the RPM's drop off quickly it almost kills itself....... Any Suggestions...

PS: I raced my friends WRX today and kicked his ass by a car legnth i got out and laughed in his face............

Kevin

I would imagine that's a byproduct of the lightened flywheel. Loses momentum faster.

thats was i was thinking but i haven't heard of that happening to anyone else.... But if it is I would have to raise my idle speed????

not that i am sure of but if anyone reading this does did this happen to you or has anyone heard of this happening...

Is your bov venting into the atmosphere? If it isn't, check for a boost leak somewhere that could be letting air out after the MAF.

Last edited:
what MP3skaterNC said...

That's actually a problem some STOCK MSP's have, so you must've done a good job on the install!

my boost controller sounds like it leaks air into the atmosphere but that is the only thing that I can think of, so is it some what normal for it to do this........

ya i know the bypass valve is recirculated but my turbo xs boost controller leaks air out of it i don't know if this is normal or not???

The lightend flywheel is the problem.

As far as the air leak did you install the boost controller right?
I doubt your boost controller is leaking air.

If at all possible, try putting on a totaly stock MSP intake. MOst of the MSP that stall do so when they use a blow off valve it seems.

This may clear the flywheel as the problem, which I don not think it is.

Hmmm, I still imagine a WRX should be able to beat an Mazdaspeed PRotege5 though...

unless the WRX driver is like...um..asleep at the wheel and doesnt know how to shift or something.

Zs'MSP said:
The lightend flywheel is the problem.

quit lying. I had a 6.5 lbs (stock 18 lbs) installed in my 99 Integra and the idle was the same before and after.

lighten flywheel will not make u stall....if anything it would make u idle a lil highr.....its ither he air leak at the mbc or his bov....or some other boost leak

nice! now their are two msp5's here in cail! as for the wrx kill...good job!
so far i beat: stock 350z 5spd/gti 1.8t chiped,i,e/g35 coupe at/5.0gt 5spd/caddy eldo cts stock....i raced an srt-4 and only lost
by a car...i have mad wheel spin and cant get grip! very close race. also the boost was only @ 8psi.. if i up it to 10psi he's mine!
-shrive81 we have to meet up man! i want to check your ride! your local to me!

as to the response on the wrx beating my p5 i actually went out and raced him agian last night to make my self feel good about my car and even kicked his ass agian and i had a friend in the car i have no reason to lie about this cause i ******* think that wrx's kick ass and if i had he money i would buy one......

Back