MSP5 Conversion

NRRfrogmanP5 said:
lookin good man hope it all goes well for u
The only setbacks so far have been the UPS guy not getting to the house on time and me pulling a muscle in my back putting the tranny back on the motor. I might have to go to the doctor today. I can't move my neck at all.

ChopstickHero said:
you have everything out, swap in a 5spd
Not enough money right now. I will eventually though. Now that we know how to get the motor out and back in we could probably change the tranny in a days work.

I tell you one thing though. I don't know why people keep saying changing the rear motor mount and front sway bar are so hard. Once you get the motor out it's a peice of cake. haha (uhm)

Progress is at a halt right now. I ordered a fuel pressure regulator, voltage clamp, fuel pump, and a radiator for the stock intercooler and radiator combo and none of it has come in. The motor is in and the wiring harness is all connected. I'm so anxious to get this thing back on the road but it doesn't look like it will be running till mid next week.

Um...call me mentally changelled but doesnt the pro5 and the msp have the same motor? The FSDE1? arent they both dohc? wouldnt it be cheaper and a better upgrade to buy a hiboost kit or something of those lines for 4k with a haltech? I dunno if I see the point, looks like fun none the less.

I spent less than 3,000 on the whole thing including everything down to the new oil, anti-freeze, transmission fluid, etc etc. I think the cams in the MSP motor are different but I could be wrong. The stud for the oil filter is longer for the oil cooler. The plate on the bottom on the engine that holds the oil pan is different because it has a connection for a oil return line. The engine would have to be pulled to change this plate anyways because there are bolts holding it from the inside of the transmission. There are also oil lines that connect to the turbo that are not present on the regular FS-DE motor.

We are swapping the motor that came out of my car into xelderx's car. So rather than swapping all the nessesary peices from the MSP motor on to my motor and going through the whole hassle we just swapped motors. Plus my new motor has half the miles my old on did.

I will probably end up buying the Hiboost FMIC and downpipe though.

Last edited:
So far we have been working on it since Tuesday the 6th. It would probably be done by now but all the parts I ordered on Tuesday were supposed to be 2nd day aired but the only comapny that came through for me was AWR with the motor mounts and adjustable end links

Ok y0sky, i've been gone awhile so i don't really know what's going on. So let me get my stupid questions out of the way. What was wrong with your original motor? if nothing was wrong with the motor why did you take that motor out to put another stock motor in? So what if it's a msp motor, does it have forged internals? why did'nt you just buy a turbo kit?

The MSP motor that we swapped in has about half the miles that Yosky's stock motor had, plus with the way the oil return line goes and the MSP's different cam...it was just easier to swap the whole thing than to try and replace parts. Yosky's doing pretty good on money spent. This setup works best for him right now as getting an aftermarket kit for more money would be a waste as the Auto tranny isn't much good for anything higher than 6-7 psi anyway.

Ok, i see, so i guess he is not planing on going over 7psi. From what i read he is keeping the auto trans? That's ok yosky i'm still gonna that ass na(yes) hope everything works out.

serpentkilla1 said:
Ok, i see, so i guess he is not planing on going over 7psi. From what i read he is keeping the auto trans? That's ok yosky i'm still gonna that ass na(yes) hope everything works out.
Wasup serpantkilla, man haven't seen you post on the forums much in a while. You still got my twin p5?

Back