MSP neutral saftey switch still showing a code?

Mazda Pro

:
2003 Mazdaspeed Protege 2.0 Turbo
ok got a new one from the dealer when i put it on 1st time i installed it without a washer didnt know just wanted to do it quick (lazy) gear got stuck so i go back put the old washer on with new switch worked. 5min later im driving engine light comes on ran it on a scanner at work same code. not a tech but i know how to do basic things on a car work with 1 tech but he sucks i dont trust him. anyways the old switch had like a lil bit bigger ball at the top of the switch new one was a lil smaller. and can that washer make a difference?(dunno)

The washer can make a difference however it sounds like the switch itself is not the problem, check the wiring to the switch and all possible grounds.
It is also possible the original code was never deleted and it is showing an existing pending code.

Ok i cleared code came back on as far as washer goes im going to try a lil bit of a thicker 1 also Check other wires

Tested all circuts etc everything and anything wire has juice The dickhead was trying to help thinking idk sht so he pokes a lil hole in The sensor wire both sides to test it no juice it was well grounded. Now with that said theres no returning saying its a defective. Now im really clueless its from mazda wtf i know its The right switch seen another sensor looks just like it on front of trans dont think thats it tho.

Spoke to another tech said shift linkage is bad switch wont register now how is that and is it a hard Job for someone new

I have no idea how the shift linkage could go "bad". Only thing that might fail are the bushings, both kartboy and Corksport sell replacements for cheap.

Your aboslutely right i agree i just got link and bushing from mazda so im going to replace anyways 1st going to 2nd is a lil stiff so its time for new bushings. Thx for your help apreciate everything you guys are feeding me

Back