MSP MPI ems Kooldino style + xtras

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fudgie

Hey people-
Clearing out a few remaining items from my MSP days. Up for grabs is a complete mpi set-up done kooldinos way. Here is what you get:

Turbohoses cold pipe w/ rc injector set-up already welded in (w/ harness). Also has bung for a snow meth nozzle that can be easily plugged with a trip to home depot. The pipe has been cut for maf relocation. I'm including everything you need (silicone couplers) to run it relocated or not. Your choice.

Joepfcd

Flyin' miata O2 clamp

LX ecu

MPI unit w/ harness and software

GM 3bar map sensor and harness

2 relays to wire in so you can avoid wrecking coils.

some misc hp fuel hose, brass tees and some vacuum hose.

Its a tried and true set-up with alot of support. This thread is very helpful:
http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?t=123720195

Priced to move at $450 shipped via ups anywhere in the states. I accept paypal only (or local pick-up cash). I usually ship same day payment is received. Tracking numbers provided asap. This about half what it costed me when I purchased it from speedcircuit (less the coldpipe), so keep that in mind when posting. PM or post with any questions.

Attachments

• IMG_1122.jpg
    IMG_1122.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 255
  • IMG_1123.jpg
    IMG_1123.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 197
Is that everything that you listed for that price, or is that just the mpi?

I have a few questions. Is one additional injector at that size enough ? The MPI looks like it's based on lots of crude "ECU trickery", why is this better than a SS-AFC, etc.. ? I'm weighing ECU options right now, and my buddy swears this is the best unit for the MSP, but it looks kind of silly to me, not to be insulting to you. BTW, I'm 5 miles from Albany, so it could be picked up.... This would be the same price as the SS-AFC, so I'm def considering it. It just seems that using MPI wont help me in my quest for simplicity. Thoughts ? Thanks !

Install is a little more involved. Very simple to tune. I have had both units. The mpi was way more solid tune wise and running the lx ecu allows for more timing advance. MPI runs the stock injectors only.

Forgive all the questions, but I'm interested for sure. How is it tuned ? Like what are the values used / changed within the map ? If it's only capable to add fuel, that would kind of suck. So can you take fuel away ? I would want to tune it based on the GM 3 bar MAP, not Throttle Position. Can MPI Datalog ? Can I come check the stuff out this weekend or sooner ? Other than decreasing duty cycle, why is running an additonal controller better than manipulating the stock 4 injectors ?

I know, lots of questions.

Last edited:
The link in my first post is very helpful. It adds fuel and allows timing adjustments. O2 sensor gets clamped when boost is achieved and mpi becomes active tuning xtra fuel and timing via tps and map voltage. No tuning needed when in vacuum.

I read that entire Thread you linked to, as well as the one dedicated to MPI Maps that I found, and still had those questions. If you don't know the answer, just say you don't know. I'm not trying to be a ball buster, I'm trying to build a comprehensive understanding of this systems capabilities and downfalls.

Does it Datalog (AFR) ?

What values does it use to tune fuel ? (I know ignition is changed 1 degree at a time, +/- )

Is the 1 RC injector pictured, capable of providing significant fueling ?

Why is this system better than manipulating the 4 already existing injectors ?

Are you still in Albany so I can check it out in person ?

So if this unit can't pull fuel, a person would have to be running upwards of 10-12 psi or so for it to actually be beneficial, since the stock ECU tune runs rich even with more boost and mods done. What type of set-up did you run with this ?

Last edited:
Alright man-

Yes, it datalogs. Not afr. I'm sure you found the software in all of your research, downloaded it and checked it out so you can see firsthand what the deal is.

Values in the fuel map vary all depending on your multiplier table. Mine were any where from 30 -100.

Kooldino says the 750rc injector is good to 14psi. (I ran 14 with meth)

As far as I know- nobody has been successful manipulating the stock injectors effectively with any piggyback. Not sure on your set-up, but the SS clamps O2 voltage and modifies maf voltage. MPI = clamped o2, clamped maf. Same values all day everyday with the addition of fuel from the extra injector. The LX ecu has no idea what to do in boost.

you are more than welcomed to come check it out.

I read that entire Thread you linked to, as well as the one dedicated to MPI Maps that I found, and still had those questions. If you don't know the answer, just say you don't know. I'm not trying to be a ball buster, I'm trying to build a comprehensive understanding of this systems capabilities and downfalls.

Does it Datalog (AFR) ?

What values does it use to tune fuel ? (I know ignition is changed 1 degree at a time, +/- )

Is the 1 RC injector pictured, capable of providing significant fueling ?

Why is this system better than manipulating the 4 already existing injectors ?

Are you still in Albany so I can check it out in person ?

So if this unit can't pull fuel, a person would have to be running upwards of 10-12 psi or so for it to actually be beneficial, since the stock ECU tune runs rich even with more boost and mods done. What type of set-up did you run with this ?

Thanks a lot. I def would like to come check it out. Shoot me your # or email in a PM, and we can figure out what would be a good time to swing through.

Price drop......... $400 shipped. This is a great deal. If you do local pick up- you can have a few other remaining pieces that I have left from my msp days.

Sorry I haven't been on touch man, but with Christmas here etc.., I shouldn't be blowing $350 on myself. Sorry man, hopefully you'll have it all in a month or so though... Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back