MSP motor mounts

EstevanZ66q

:
Mazdaspeed Protege
Are the MSP motor mounts the same as the 2.0l protege motor mounts? Does anyone know a current site that sells all 4 of them? Just bought my MSP a 4 hours ago and want to order the mounts and sway bar bushings asap. Also will a stock 2003 protege bumper cover fit the MSP? She need a little tlc but I dig this car and I'm restoring her to her glory days. Thanks in advance.

Are the MSP motor mounts the same as the 2.0l protege motor mounts? Does anyone know a current site that sells all 4 of them? Just bought my MSP a 4 hours ago and want to order the mounts and sway bar bushings asap. Also will a stock 2003 protege bumper cover fit the MSP? She need a little tlc but I dig this car and I'm restoring her to her glory days. Thanks in advance.

They are the same.

OEM, OEM aftermarket or upgraded aftermarket?

Sway bar bushings are specific to the MSP and MP3.

Regular sedan? Yes and no. Easiest route would be a P5.

The MSP never had "glory days".

The MSP beat the Integra TypeR as the quickest FWD car ever recorded through the cones by Compact Car Magazine. The ITR has no stereo and roll up windows, and still got smoked by the little 4-door Mazda with A/C, power everything and a factory subwoofer.
Not GLORIOUS, but pretty cool. :)
http://www.superstreetonline.com/cars/new-car-reviews/0309scc-mazdaspeed-protege/

I just bought all 4 motor mounts for my MSP. I went with OEM ones (got em off amazon if I remember correctly) since my car is stock and the 1st set lasted almost 15 years. Plus, polyurethane with skateboard wheel durometers for motor mounts will make the car buzz and vibrate at idle.

EDIT: Have fun putting that 4th one in. You'll know what I mean soon enough.(bang)

Last edited:
Awr still sells the engine mounts from his store and i recommend them. Most people dont get the whole aide mounts but front and rear with side inserts. Rear mount super quick and easy if you remove the intake manifold first. Not a bad idea to inspect all the gaskets and replace as needed. Particularly injector orings.

As said, p5 has the same front bumper cover as msp. Sedan reat bumper is direct fit but has no lower splitter. P5 side skirts the same.

Check our awrracing for suspension bits. I think the swaybar bushings are 20mm but they are losted as direct replacement dor mp3.

I would try to find a correct MSP bumper cover, the P5 has marker lights on the sides and I think it looks like crap on the MSP

Back