Msp idol dilemma

Gurt1234

:
2003 Mazdaspeed protege
So My msp has had a bad idol since October. I've replaced my vac lines, purchased a virbrant vaccum block to clean up all the lines so they weren't going directly to my wastegate, and I was hoping that would be the issue. Did some research and thought it might also be my egr (flap stuck open), cleaned the EGR and It is still idoling at 200/900 rpm's and fluctuates so bad. I can be at a red light and someone thinks I'm revving up at them. The only other thing I can think of is a bad wastegate, maybe the diaphragm is messed up? Purchased a new one from atp turbo hoping this will fix my issue.

Would appreciate it if Anyone can helped me out? I'm only at 72k miles and have just purchased my msp last july, so bare with me.

american-idol-jco-3-17-11.jpg

on a serious note
have you cleaned up your IAC Valve(that's Intake Air Control Valve)
also an old O2 sensor will mess these things up.

Pull your vac line for the wga and suck on it or blow in it. Sounds gross but you can test it that way. Do the same thing with you fpr.

Have you replaced the spark plugs, pcv and air filter since you've owned it? Factory idle is 750. What is your vacuum reading at idle and what type of BPV or BOV setup do you have?

I had a bad idle from my battery terminals being corroded. They didn't even look that bad. If your idle droops when you turn on your headlights or if your headlights dim when you fans comes on that is good sign of a bad electrical connection.

I would suggest cleaning the Idle Air Control valve on top of the Throttle body as well as the EGR valve on the back of the intake manifold on the driver's side and the MAF sensor.

I recently replaced the spark plugs (which solved my brick wall in boost problem), pcv is good checked it also, filter is good. I have an HKS super ssqv bov.

I actually cleaned my terminals a couple times, 2 weeks ago I did and a buddy of mine gave me this substance to put around it to prevent corrosion, battery was replaced not long ago and I seem to be getting full power.

My vaccum IS WAY off, like the needle is straight chilling below zero. but not at 16/18 like it's supposed to be at (at least from what I can remember when I was told it should be in that area at idol). What's wierd is that it reads boost, but when I let off it goes back down where it shouldn't be as well as a wierd reading when I'm in vaccum :eek:

I've also gave it a MEGA MF'IN BLOW. Lmao kidding but I did really pull the line off the wg and it is getting air.

It's his wastgate. We already determined this. When you pinch the vac line going to the wga the "idol" lol gets better. So we blew on the line. Nothing happened. When sucked on the line it let's air by. So we will be changing the wga soon.

Back