MSP headlight problems need help!

bteach15

:
mazdaspeed protege
hey guys,
i am a new owner of a 2003 mazdaspeed protege and a day or so ago my headlights stopped working. they are vision h.i.d lights i believe they have a double halo around each of the bulbs. i have checked all the fuses and even tried hooking up my extra ballasts for the lights and nothing! if any one has an idea of the problem please let me know or if you know of a place where i can buy new lights. thanks!

Brendan Teach

Do the headlights get power to them? It could be a bad switch, relay, fuse etc. You could start with two regular H4 bulbs into the stock harness and see if they work. I wouldn't trust an aftermarket HID kit

The bulbs probably blew if they worked before. You have to switch the wires for some HID kits to work on the Protege

It isn't normal but definitely possible, you never know with cheap HID kits. Try regular bulbs if you have any, or test with a multimeter.

Put up a Picture of your headlight wiring system. I also have HID light systems and had issues. if u have a relay running between the ballast and the socket for the bulbs check to see if that has power.I learned a bit more by switching things around one side to the other like bulb or ballast but my s*** is hardwired.

I sure hope your not running hid lights in the stock reflectors. If so, dump those garbage lights and get a good set of halogen bulbs.....you're blinding oncoming drivers. HID lights should only be installed into projectors made for them in order to produce the proper beam pattern.

I still get blinded by all the projector HIDs as well, just aim them down and you aren't blinding anyone

Does the kit have high and low beams? Mine is just low beams so if I click the lights to high beam lights don't work. It got me a few times when cleaning my car and I hit the switch and didn't know it.

Back