MSP Gauge cluster

qikslvr2006

:
2011 Mazdaspeed3
Doe any one know if there is a difference between the 2003 and 2003.5 MSP gauge clusters? thanks ahead of time

Can you legally do that? I know that here in IL, they check you Odometer and document it. The guy that did my emissions test read 48K instead of 98K on my samurai and when I pulled the Car fax recently it was noted that I had a possible Rolled back ODO. Since I never plan on ever getting rid of that car I really don't care, but something to think about if you end up selling ttying to sell the car. Even though the motor is fresh the rest of the car isn't and that's where the legality comes in. I would second guess a 200K car with a new motor. Everything else is going to fail, but the motor starts!!

To answer your question, the Gauge cluster is the same. It's the interior color that's different...seats...Pedals and shifter say Mazdaspeed instead of Sparco

+1 Don't change your odometer. Just make note of the mileage and go from there. As far as your question goes there are no internal differences between the two clusters. The '03.5 clusters have a silver needle hub whereas the '03s are black like the rest of the Proteges. I'm not sure but the '03s may also not have the silver gauges faces - again, don't hold me to this one. BTW, you can swap your odometer over to a new cluster if you'd like; it is possible. I have a '03.5 MSP cluster in my P5 with the stock odometer reading the proper mileage.

BTW, how were you planning on getting a MSP cluster with zero miles? New = $$$

The face on the 03 is silver. I didn't know about the needle color change

yup brand new. and the whole car will almost be brand new. I have honestly been working on this for 2 1/2 maybe 3 years. got everything for the interior, and almost everything for the syspension, and the car repainted with the msp kit and some extras.

But I never will sell this car, I know most people will say "I don't plan on ever selling my car". But I never will, this car has to much love, and pain, and blood in it, to ever give it up. I have even had people offer me large amounts of money for it with no front bumper and primer all over it (took out every single dent), and a stripped interior. well you get my point, all because they know what I have for it lol and all the work.I would never ever ever get my money for this project. and I plan on a new motor and all the mods at one shot. So when I break in the motor I want to start from 0. I probably am putting way to much money in my car, but I love her. hahaha I would obviously still keep the stock gauges incase. and yes like everyone else says I have an unhealthy relationship with my car, its more of an obsesion really.

Also they don't check that in Mississippi, that I know of. just curious the diff. so its just the silver needle bases, and silver rings or something? does anyone have pics. I know what the guages look like with the mazdaspeed letering, and are they white face gauges?

+1 Don't change your odometer. Just make note of the mileage and go from there. As far as your question goes there are no internal differences between the two clusters. The '03.5 clusters have a silver needle hub whereas the '03s are black like the rest of the Proteges. I'm not sure but the '03s may also not have the silver gauges faces - again, don't hold me to this one. BTW, you can swap your odometer over to a new cluster if you'd like; it is possible. I have a '03.5 MSP cluster in my P5 with the stock odometer reading the proper mileage.

BTW, how were you planning on getting a MSP cluster with zero miles? New = $$$

oh and ya i already priced them. and they are a lot of money. but I havent gone cheap yet, and don't plan on it. did I mention I am a little ocd. hahahaha

thanks for all the help guys.

sorry about the bad grammer and spelling. but I was supposed to go home 5 minutes ago. and now writing this post is making me leave later hahahahaha. idiot = me

Back