MSP Alarm - when alarm goes off

hand14msp

I just got this sexy car 3 days ago! - My question is, when i intentionally set of the alarm, the horn beeps very spuratically almost as if somethin was shorting and it could not connect. There is not a real pattern to these beeps so thats why i posted this. My question - do your alarms beep at a constant rate, and length or is the spuratic lengh at rate normal?

Thanks alot, other than the fact that i am a little confused about the alarm - I love this CAR!!!

My MSP alarm does this as well.The first time I heard it i thought it was broken because thats about what it sounded like!I would assume that this is normal seeing how mine does it too!
Just my .02 cents ,
ANYONE ELSE?:confused:

Have an MP3 but same thing

I hate it because if it gets set off by mistake when i hit the panic button it sounds so bad....even the Honda owners i know laugh at it! :'(

The alarm goes off in a "random" mode to attract more attention than just the traditional "beep beep beep" that everyone ignores. Many cars have this type of alarm now...

Yes,

This is normal. Tell me Hand14msp, do you notice how sensitive the alarm is? Mine would go off w/ a loud exhaust before I turned thesensitivity down.

funnylittlman said:
Yes,

This is normal. Tell me Hand14msp, do you notice how sensitive the alarm is? Mine would go off w/ a loud exhaust before I turned thesensitivity down.

Mine too. I've cranked down the sensitivity knob, and it still goes off when a truck drives by, a loud airplane fly's overhead.

No.5
I have it down almost to the lowest setting.

My Test:
1. I would have my friend w/ his M3 start it right next to it. He has an Active Autowerks catback. It would go off. He could even rev the engine next to it, and it would still go off. I kept turning it down until it would only beep once in awhile when he started it.
2. I did the window break test as well: Hit my fist on the glass. I have it where it would recognize a firm knock of the fist on any glass. Before it would recognize me even breathing on it (way to sensitive in a communinty parking lot). Not now. I have it to where it will go off when there is an actual strike... not when someone is just peeping in.

I know it's silly to turn it down, but I can't have the car going off every 2 seconds in the apt. complex. They'll tow my car or something fierce. Just look at what happened to Spicy and her dumb ass co worker

-Fnny

Someone once said that is beebs morse code for SOS not sure thought i dont know morse code.

I thought that Morris code was:

Meow, meow, meow, meow,
Meow, meow, meow, meow.

Meow, meow, meow, meow.
Meow, meow, meow, meow.

:D

Maybe i need to turn mine down as well or it maybe broken??

Every time it rains it goes off so i dont know it i need to mess with the sensitivity or if it has a problem with mositure?? I really havent tested it yet.. So everytime it rains i just lock it before i get out and dont arm it.. Hopfully we will have some days soon when it doesnt rain and it dry out and try to see if it goes off when i spray the car with the hose when its armed.

SOSPEED said:
Maybe i need to turn mine down as well or it maybe broken??

Every time it rains it goes off so i dont know it i need to mess with the sensitivity or if it has a problem with mositure?? I really havent tested it yet.. So everytime it rains i just lock it before i get out and dont arm it.. Hopfully we will have some days soon when it doesnt rain and it dry out and try to see if it goes off when i spray the car with the hose when its armed.

Actually, rain should not be able to affect it. The shock sensor is just a little black box under the dash. No moisture should be getting in there. Your sensitivity is probably set up too high.

well thanks guys, now the car is officially 4 days old in my eyes. I havn't had any problems with the alarm, but i have also not had anytime or test it out with other things around it. I was considering of turning the sensitivty up. When i look under the dash i see the box, but how exactly do you adjust the sensativity??

Latest posts

Back