MSP acting weird these days, because of O2 sensor went bad?

:
03 MSP OJ
friday morning, going to work, after half hour highway, at local stop sign, had 2 bad launch with immediately knocking knocking and dead engine, 3rd launch normal and get to work in time.

friday night, engine light came on, drive home normally

saturday morning, grab a OBD code reader and found out O2 sensor went bad

sunday drive to work and back normally, nothing wrong

monday off

tuesday drive to work, after half hour highway, at local, think it was 3rd or 2nd gear driving around 30-40km about to upshift , in N gear cant push shifter into any gear, engine goes like 1sec normal 1 knock 1sec normal 1 knock normal knock... (when it knocks theres somekind of gear grinding noise), pull over with emergency light on highway entrance ramp =,=||| idle at N for rougly 10 second, able to shift into 1st gear and take off normally.

that really scared the hell out of me especially theres couple big ass trucks nearby when i pulled over with emergency light

i just received my new O2 sensor today... hopefully i get it installed and everything back to normal

i feel like getting bombed with problems after i installed the new engine mount and stainlesssteel exhaust manifold + clutchlines and brakelines... =,=|||

I thought I had the same issue. It ended up being a misfire on my number three spark plug

i have new spark plug sitting in my garage, brought them last December ... LOL

maybe i'll do it in a week

It's a 10 minute job why wait a week? Have you check the oil lately? Mine did that with a spun rod bearing before it threw a rod

i have bad full time scheduled job, too tired of finding things in the dark, too lazy to wake up early. i just did my o2sensor during my break time at work. oil level is lil higher than max. i guess the changer dude put 4liter in2weeks ago. does overfilled oil do that?

maybe ill bring plugs to work and do it during the afternoon break time lol

You would have to fill the oil at least 2-3 qts over to notice a power loss and it would smoke like crazy if it were over filled.

at least i replaced the upstream O2 sensor and reset the battery, its back to normal tonite

i just noticed the radiator fan kicked in twice when i idle at my drive way to cool the engine bay down

it used to sit there and do nothing or kick in once after really long time when the O2 sensor is down.

i dont know if its just my illusion or what...

does O2 sensor tell ECU how hot the engine bay is?(well at least the hotter the higher voltage it produce, so the ECU must know right?)

No the Coolant temp sensor on the side of the head tells the ECU to command the fans on or off. If it is really hot the secondary fan will also kick on. Cars do funny things when the battery is reset, I wouldn't worry about it.

Back