MS6 to MS3

Hi guys,

Almost 2 years ago I purchased an MS6 after owning a P5. I really liked it because of the power, but once I got used to the power I never found that driving it was all that fun, it was just too isolated from the road for me. It was a great car for cruising down the left lane of an expressway, but I mostly do city driving. It was also just too big for me. I really missed the handling of my P5. I also wanted to get into hatchbacks again. No offense to any MS6 owners, I still found it a great car, but never felt it was for me.

Last weekend I did something about it. I picked up an MS3. Holy crap is this car ever fun to drive. You feel the road, the engine is loud, and 3rd gear is just awesome! It reminds me of the P5 but with twice the power. This car is certainly a keeper. I look forward to driving on a lot of twisty roads with it :)

Here she is the day I got her:
MS3crop.jpg

I know exactly what you are talking about. I just had my MS3 delivered last week and I love it. Soooo much fun. The power and handling reminds me of my 04 350Z.

put a couple of 2x4s at the end of the driveway and some plywood. problem solved. go buy some springs

The MS6 was my first choice and I actually spent a lot of time browsing the 6 boards but after giving it some thought I decided the MS3 was the better choice for me. I have no regrets and I love my Speed3.

Congrats. I used to own a P5 and I made the jump to the MS3. Its a fun transition that goes very smooth since both cars have similarities. I did test drive the MS6, and I must say it just wasn't for me. Not sure what it was, but it didn't have the rugged crazy feel of the MS3. Felt almost too smooth and sophisticated for me.

Congrats. I used to own a P5 and I made the jump to the MS3. Its a fun transition that goes very smooth since both cars have similarities. I did test drive the MS6, and I must say it just wasn't for me. Not sure what it was, but it didn't have the rugged crazy feel of the MS3. Felt almost too smooth and sophisticated for me.

Yep that's exactly what it was, I thought I would have liked that but it just wasn't for me. Lesson learned.

Hi guys,

Almost 2 years ago I purchased an MS6 after owning a P5. I really liked it because of the power, but once I got used to the power I never found that driving it was all that fun, it was just too isolated from the road for me. It was a great car for cruising down the left lane of an expressway, but I mostly do city driving. It was also just too big for me. I really missed the handling of my P5. I also wanted to get into hatchbacks again. No offense to any MS6 owners, I still found it a great car, but never felt it was for me.

Last weekend I did something about it. I picked up an MS3. Holy crap is this car ever fun to drive. You feel the road, the engine is loud, and 3rd gear is just awesome! It reminds me of the P5 but with twice the power. This car is certainly a keeper. I look forward to driving on a lot of twisty roads with it :)

Congrats, man! What took you so long? I made the switch almost one year ago!

Last edited:
Great car ottawaP5, I like that Black Mica - just got an '08 Black Mica M3SportGT so I can really appreciate how you feel about your new MS3 ! :D

Congrats, man! What took you so long? I made the switch almost one year ago!

What took me so long was the fact that I had to come to terms with my former car's depreciation. :)

I actually read your thread about a month ago about when you made the switch, I take it you still have no regrets?

What took me so long was the fact that I had to come to terms with my former car's depreciation. :)

I actually read your thread about a month ago about when you made the switch, I take it you still have no regrets?

I know, the depreciation on the 6 was tough to take. No regrets at all on the switch. Just want more of the same. Reminds me every time I get in that I'm just a kid at heart.

haha - I think it's staying stock for a while....any lower and it doesn't get in my driveway!

Congrats! I agree with you on the ride height. I was coming out of the post office yesterday, and the front end of my MS3 made nasty scraping noises as the ramp was too steep for the car. Thankfully, it was just the black plastic piece and not the lip. I think I'll keep the stock ride height.

+1 on the stock ride height. I see no reason to lower the MS3...it has a perfect fender gap from the factory IMO. With my previous cars like my GTI and WRX I had to lower them just to get them to look like the MS3 does stock.

+1 on the stock ride height. I see no reason to lower the MS3...it has a perfect fender gap from the factory IMO. With my previous cars like my GTI and WRX I had to lower them just to get them to look like the MS3 does stock.

Exactly. I love the way it looks stock.

Back