MS6 Spark Plugs & Spark Plug Gap

Everywhere I look, the Denso ITV20 (stock compatible plug) is not gapped properly and has a .044 gap, which is out of the range of what is recommended for the Mazdaspeed.

Yep. That's correct.
I've adjusted the chart on Page 1 to reflect this.
I bent mine down to .030 :(

*Duh

Hmmm so after reading this thread is .030-.032 good for denso 1 step colder plugs ?? Thats how SU has them already gapped for sale.

My mods are listed below. Ive been getting higher knock then usual sort of out of the blue so I guess its time for new plugs.

I've been running one step colder NGK plugs from PG for over a month now and they work great! I gapped them at 33 i believe.
This seems to be a big deal for something that is very simple...

I would REALLY like to hear from anyone experiencing the random mistire P0300 that the dealership can't seem to figure out. My dealership replaced the plugs, but I think they left them at the stock gap. Still continue to get P0300. Usually happens on high gears on the highway. They can't figure it out. They have also replaced the fuel pump (low pressure) and now they are planning on doing a complete carbon buildup cleaning, but they really do not understand the issue.

Guys, need your help with the recomended spark plugs for my '03 3.0L M6, i bough the highly recomended by store guys the Bosch plugs Dbl Platinum, but ended to be worst than what it was, it had the NGK but for what the manual said is the NGK are for the 2.3L engine, and for the 3.0L recomends the Motorcraft (which honestly I don't like), so here I am, in desperate need of your advise.

thanx in advance for your help

ps. i wanted to change the Splugs to see i can get better mileage since i just got the car a month ago.

Last edited:
Hey guys I just installed Denso LTR7IX-11 1 step colder plugs gapped to .32, and have been having boosting issues limiting me to 10-11psi, and I am well aware it could be a boost leak but i checked all recent connections that were disconnected and everything looks to be sealed nicely. I do intend on boost leak testing my car this weekend but im trying not to have to limp around at 10 psi all week and i have a feeling it may be due to the plug install. The car runs smooth as hell jsut wont boost over 11psi. Any ideas or tips? I was in the OPs origonal post he says they should be gapped to .28 yet i have seen many people document gapping these plugs at .32? your thoughts?

Back