MS6: Exhaust Resonators

batou079

So umm... im having trouble deciding here.

i have heard PLENTY of MS6's with BOTH resonators pulled, but nearly everyone has aftermarket full exhaust too.

I cant find sound clips for STOCK exhaust with just resonators pulled.
Then my other concern was noise, i just want deeper sound not noise.
If i just pulled one, will it make much diff in the sound itself, cant find that soundclip either...

anyone?

Ive found, the You tube sound clips are useless in these matters.. you really have to hear things in person... I bought my Corksports from the internet that way.. and with no resonators, our cars arent very loud at all. and little bit twangy.. with the 3" GHL, CS and CPE.. theyre a little too loud IMO.. the Magnaflows are a nice volume.. the only one i have not heard at all is the Cpe single pipe? ill have the DP with stock exhaust running soon, that sounds pretty nice but, not loud at all.. and remember the volume on my corksports was with their muffler/test pipe.. not just the muffs alone..

Mmm ok then...
my point was that i want to hear STOCK exhaust, with resonators removed.
i've heard many aftermarket systems in person.

I have heard some youtube clips. Seems to sound decent with 1 pulled. With both off it sounds kinda crappy imo.

I have heard some youtube clips. Seems to sound decent with 1 pulled. With both off it sounds kinda crappy imo.

aye! thats what i am told, both pulled on the speed3 sound pretty good.
but idk about our setup.

if you somehow remember/find the clip please lmk!
wish i knew someone local with 1 or 2 pulled... heh.

Mmm ok then...
my point was that i want to hear STOCK exhaust, with resonators removed.
i've heard many aftermarket systems in person.

yeah, i said before without resonators our cars are pretty twangy.. there was a guy at browning mazda who had done that.. i was 2 1/2" straight pipe.. it wasnt real loud.. but, a little twangy IMO.. not impressive really.. i think the issue is the fact that the chokepoint our stock exhaust is way before the resonators.. so i think eliminating them doesnt give you much better flow? someone had some custom pipes like that for sale here.

So umm... im having trouble deciding here.

i have heard PLENTY of MS6's with BOTH resonators pulled, but nearly everyone has aftermarket full exhaust too.

I cant find sound clips for STOCK exhaust with just resonators pulled.
Then my other concern was noise, i just want deeper sound not noise.
If i just pulled one, will it make much diff in the sound itself, cant find that soundclip either...

anyone?

Uhmm, the Speed6 doesn't have any resonators. There are 2 cats and 2 mufflers. Are you asking about the cats up front or the mufflers at the rear?

I have a single CPE. It is insanely loud. I get looks of disgust wherever I go.

I like it but sometimes it gets on my nerves.

I would pull the Test Pipe for sure! The other Cat you need to replace the down pipe if you want to change it.

oh wtf, cause speed3s have two resonators right?
speed6 has none, but so quiet still... frik... now i dont know what other CHEAP alternative to do to get a nice deep tone.

guess ill just have to keep saving for the magnaflow full catback.

I do not think the MS3 has resonators either.... I am pretty sure the setup is the same and just goes to a single exit.

PS our cars should also have single exit.

If you want to change the sound you need to either chop off the mufflers/replace them. Or go for a full system. If I were you I would go for a cat back to start. buy the DP later. Go CPE. Its LOUD and SOOO deep. My friends call my car a boat sometimes lol. CPE sets off car alarms its so deep.
I love it.
Been away for 3 days just got my summer tires on. I miss my baby. Sitting in the back of a car right now on our way back to the city. Can't wait to go for a cruise!

MS3s do have exhuast resonators. friend has both of em removed and replaced em with straight pipes.
the result is a great sound.

never going DP, rather not get a smoking turbo, not ever going CPE not into loud exhaust.
im after a deep tone, not loudness. hence if i go full catback ill save for a magnaflow setup.

ty for ideas tho

DP doesn't have anything to do with smoking turbo. With the stock catback you might not get all the white smoke but the problem is still there.

Anyway if your looking for a mellow / subdued tone then go for magnaflow. Most magnaflow exhausts sound similar. Mellow tone and it is the quietest of all the aftermarket catbacks.

mark you never heard my car? i have a CS downpipe, txs test pipe and CP-e single resonated exhaust...

yeah, ive heard your car a few times.. i just didnt know what exhaust set-up you were running.. its sounds nice.. but, i thought id notice the difference with a single pipe a little more?? i guess not?

and Chris, i got a pretty bad smoking turbo with just my Corksport exhaust.. i think changing the DP will be a better move than just getting a new exhaust.. but, thats still on my to do list.. ill let you know soon.

ah ok, so no simple res delete option for us... wtf... so mebe res is built into the cats?

cause we are QUIET stock... time to save save save for that cbe magnaflow, mebe DP too. but i kept hearing about nightmares after DP install, mebe it was just a fluke.

Probably just heard that the DP was a nightmare to install, cuz it is!!!

i just installed my dp a couple of weeks ago took me about 8hr. but thats with beer breaks. it is a pita. its harder to take the oem dp than to actually install the new one.

yeah the first time you do it, it is a pain. And the stock one sucks cause all the heat shielding and the fact it has to come out the top.

i took mine out through the bottom. just removed the drive shaft and cup off the trans. i did have to remove all the heat shields off the cat tho.

Back