MS3 vs Caliber SRT-4

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZlyMichal

:
MS3
I'm new to this forum so please i don't want to start a war here or anything like that.
Last night me and my wife are coming back from dinner and we are on a Capital Blvd in Raleigh N.C. For those who may not know it's a street that many of times kids hang out on on Friday and Saturday and race. I think every city has a few of those. ( I know i did that when i was in H.S. we did it on DeerPark Ave, and St. Francis Blvd in NY). well any ways the story is that this kid pulls up to me in one of them and stats reving his engine. If i was by myself i would love to see what those cars can do as well as mine. I didn't because of my wife in the car ( she is pregnant as well ). So does any1 have any idea on how they perform. I personally liked how it looked. a bit more agresive then the regular Caliber.
What you guys think?

-Mike-

I would have to agree, it could go either way, although technically the speed 3 beats it on paper. The recorded times are so close to begin with, it can go either way depending on a lot of variables. Once you get into curves all bets are off due to the much higher center of gravity.

There were a lot of reasons I didn't choose it, one of them being their lack of faith in the mechanicals when it comes to warranty. All their other cars carry a nice and long warranty, but on their SRT products their faith in them stops @ 36,000 or 3 years. Not good in my opinion. Also the caliber just didn't do it for me, it's a small car trying to look like a big suv, and the fit & finish was somewhat lacking. Too many gimmicks on the dash as well.

Car & Driver pissed all over that thing, saying that no amout af polish will make the Caliber shine. Its got more hp @285 but no torque @ 265 lb/ft plus its 48 lb heaver. 0-60 5.9, 1/4 mile 14.4 @ 103mph. Car & Driver also said that Dodge was shooting to compete with the speed and that a comparison should be coming... I would much rather Zoom Zoom then Grab Life by the Horns...

its so close to say it wouldnt really matter.

Id leave it down to looks and handling performance.

I doubt a caliber would out handle a speed 3 :)

And just look at the 2 cars...we can easily see which one is better lookin ;)

Even if the Speed was a little slower I still would have passed on the Csrt. Its just an ugly vehicle IMO.

True that, I looked up some videos last night on them and I don't think they look good at all. MS3 by far is a better looking car

I'm not crazy about the way the Caliber looks. It looks to much like a pickup truck from the front to me. My neighbor has one and always talks to me about our cars and I try to humor him. lol The MS3 has much smoother, Euro lines. The Caliber looks abit more ricey, if that's possible for an American car. The 19" wheels are just too much.

Car & Driver pissed all over that thing, saying that no amout af polish will make the Caliber shine. Its got more hp @285 but no torque @ 265 lb/ft plus its 48 lb heaver. 0-60 5.9, 1/4 mile 14.4 @ 103mph. Car & Driver also said that Dodge was shooting to compete with the speed and that a comparison should be coming... I would much rather Zoom Zoom then Grab Life by the Horns...

lol. I specifically like the "no torque" @ 265 ftlbs.

Different strokes. I don't care for the idea behind the brake torque diff. To think that I'm not only using brakes when decelerating, but also when I'm laying into it seems like odd technology. The previous SRT4 had an LSD, why skimp out and not put one in this car? There's a lot of stuff I like about the Caliber though. Factory FMIC, interior looks pretty cool, I like the flashiness of the scoops and body kit.
I like the subdued look of the MS3 but really dig the ass kicking look of the Csrt4. It's not making apologies.

those cars suck. I was at the drag and some kid in one ran a 14.9 stock no wheel spin no nothing.. They are a piece of s***!

lol. I specifically like the "no torque" @ 265 ftlbs.

Different strokes. I don't care for the idea behind the brake torque diff. To think that I'm not only using brakes when decelerating, but also when I'm laying into it seems like odd technology. The previous SRT4 had an LSD, why skimp out and not put one in this car? There's a lot of stuff I like about the Caliber though. Factory FMIC, interior looks pretty cool, I like the flashiness of the scoops and body kit.
I like the subdued look of the MS3 but really dig the ass kicking look of the Csrt4. It's not making apologies.

I agree with Swamp, they tried to go a little more up market on the caliber in order to give people some of the interior features that the Neon did. The lack of a true LSD was a bad mistake in my opinion, but I am sure it was due to the bean counters deciding on power windows and seating comfort. SRT did a great job with what they were given.

Does anyone know if they offer Mopar stage kits anymore?

That was a MS3 with an intake and a cat delete against a stock SRT-4. Yeash.

In a straight line the SRT-4 looks like it pulls on us by a hair, just looking at numbers and comparisons. Driver's race at a track. Can't hang with us at a circuit. More aggressive looking. It has its upsides and its downsides like any other car.

Been there done that

It's all personal opinion, but I ran away....

SRT...like the looks, but don't love it. Trying to make more out nothing than about any car on the road. It's in your face and that's Dodge but not me.

Handling and braking...no where near on par with the MS3.

Power was good but again, not quite up to the MS3 day to day...not in my book and butt feel.

Interior....Dodge.....'nuff said.
Quality....'nuff said

Overall, love the front looks, wheels and SRT image, but overall.....once I got back into the MS3, I never looked back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back