ms3 transmission

krillik

:
2004 Mazda 3
Ok i have a 2004 mazda3i sedan. My transmission went out and i need a new one. i have heard that i can use a ms3 trans. with the regular mz3. is this true? if so..can it be done without any modifications? thanks :)

you need to be a little more specific.

You blew up a manual transmission?

I find that hard to believe, so im assuming you have a automatic, yes, alot of work will need to be done to do an auto-manual swap.

now if you had a manual trans itll be just as hard, youll probably need new halfshafts, and i have my doubts as to whether the tranny will bolt right up to the 2.0 block.

no i never "blew" it up i grinded my tranny racing 3rd gear to be exact. the synchronizer is disintegrated. and i have a manual. i could do a rebuild. but i want 6 speed instead of 5.

ok heres more info.

2004 mazda 3 manual transmission.

i want to take the 6speed mazda 3 trans. (from the speed) and put it into my regular 3 (due to it having 6 gears instead of 5) i have a 2.3L engine. everything is stock.

Last edited:
first learn how to drive, second you better have a deep wallet. the 6 speed is expensive. and i would suggest buying a new one as most get beat on.

you will need to obain a lot of parts. your best bet is to use ETKA so you know everything that you will need.

first i know how to drive, this forum/thread isnt for bashing so first just stfu. and yea i actually do have a deep wallet thats why im going to do this. i know it isnt going to be cheap but i make enough where i work that it is not a problem at all.

oncw i find a good Mazda EPC program for a good price ill get it.

Last edited:
first learn how to drive, second you better have a deep wallet. the 6 speed is expensive. and i would suggest buying a new one as most get beat on.

you will need to obain a lot of parts. your best bet is to use ETKA so you know everything that you will need.

seriously, this kind of stuff really isn't necessary in any way, shape or form. Let's try to refrain from comments like this in the future and try to make this a more welcoming community.

seriously, this kind of stuff really isn't necessary in any way, shape or form. Let's try to refrain from comments like this in the future and try to make this a more welcoming community.

fair enough. i just have no sympathy for people who "race" there cars, unless its on a track. just my 2 cents

I understand and I feel the same way. But who ever said he was racing on the street? He just said he was racing. I just want to try to take the perception that the MS3 and M3 communties are full of jerks and asshats and unfortunately jumping down someones throat when it wasn't really called for doesn't help the cause, you know?(drinks)

i get the point, i'll keep that in mind. i have no issues with helping people, but people need to help themselves first and do research.

i'll refrain from making those comments from now on (2thumbs)

i'll be helpful.

you will need

transaxle
shift cables
shifter assembly
axles are the same size splines so upgrading is not a must
sport clutch/flywheel/pressure plate
VSS and harness (different setup then the 5 speed transaxle)
trans mounts
if you want it to look tidy you should get the harness brakets aswell.
you will need new bellhousing bolts as they are longer then the 5 speed trans axle.

there are a few things i am forgeting i know. but thats the majority of the parts required. now when it comes the the VSS and harness i am not sure if it will hook up to the junction box without any issues.

hey bud, thanks for the info. if anyone else has anything to add to this it would be really appreciated. im going to do some more snooping. thanks :)

Back