MS3 Owners: Show us your wheels

start tying that brother in man, i LOVE the color and if u do some more of it on the car, itll look good...

paint the emblems matched to that color and that should honestly be all you need

235/40 is already shorter than the stock tire. We don't need to be geared any shorter.

maybe its just that most cars i see with this type of set up(bright flashy wheels) have some extremely flush wheels with stretched tires. it seems the fitment is too conservative. but then again i came from a 240sx. so maybe thats my problem

suggestion:

paint the side mirrors and the spoiler orange.

CIMG4581.JPG

CIMG4580.JPG

yours definately have more red in them. Still looks good though I agree with the comments about blending the orange in on the car that would make it look alot better. Maybe the Door handles and the spoiler.

yours definately have more red in them. Still looks good though I agree with the comments about blending the orange in on the car that would make it look alot better. Maybe the Door handles and the spoiler.

i'll probably start with the mirrors. ANd i'll probably go buy some paint that is the color i wanted to begin with. and go from their. I might try to get the RE stuff for the side skirts as well

i'll probably start with the mirrors. ANd i'll probably go buy some paint that is the color i wanted to begin with. and go from their. I might try to get the RE stuff for the side skirts as well

My advice is not to paint anything on the body of the car. You're not going to keep this car forever and putting on the stock wheels when its time to trade it in or sell is a heck of a lot easier than re-painting body parts.

My advice is not to paint anything on the body of the car. You're not going to keep this car forever and putting on the stock wheels when its time to trade it in or sell is a heck of a lot easier than re-painting body parts.

buy a second set of mirrors to paint, and i would do the RE ameyia (spelling) side skirts things... so it would be a matter of taking them off and putting the stock mirrors back on ;)

here's some pictures with more sunlight
CIMG4585.JPG

CIMG4586.JPG

Just as I had thought all along - seriously not my cup of tea. Props to you for experimenting but that's a seriously expensive project for the admittedly less than stellar results. I think you're going to get sick of this look within 6 months.

Just as I had thought all along - seriously not my cup of tea. Props to you for experimenting but that's a seriously expensive project for the admittedly less than stellar results. I think you're going to get sick of this look within 6 months.

i'll check back in in 6 months!!(2thumbs)

VERY good advice. Cheaper/easier to get new wheels.

+1

+21 Sorry, but I just don't think those colors, or hues of those colors are compatible together.

VERY good advice. Cheaper/easier to get new wheels.

+1

+21 Sorry, but I just don't think those colors, or hues of those colors are compatible together.

should see it in person, might change your mind... but then again, the more people that don't like it, the less likely i'll see others like it haha

Rather than buy the same tired wheel and tire package that's been seen 100 times over, you went and did something you thought would look cool. I think it looks decent. I'm not sure I would have done it, but it certainly gives your car a unique look. To me, that's worth something. It looks a lot better than the whole "polished lip/black wheel" look.

Rather than buy the same tired wheel and tire package that's been seen 100 times over, you went and did something you thought would look cool. I think it looks decent. I'm not sure I would have done it, but it certainly gives your car a unique look. To me, that's worth something. It looks a lot better than the whole "polished lip/black wheel" look.

thats exactly what i was thinking. You should see it in person, you might appreciate it more.. i should come up to nova and meet some of you guys

indeed, props for trying something different even though it's clearly not the most popular choice. rock those wheels like you mean it!

I like it a lot. I've seen this type of setup on some serious track and autoX cars. People had the orange kosei K1 TS

kosei_k1_ts_orange_ci3_l_1_.jpg

Agreed. I am also one that likes to STAND out from the rest instead of following the crowd. The rims IMO would look better if they were blended in with more contrasting orange on the car. As others suggested, orange side mirrors. Maybe an orange lip and orange rear diffusers. Orange Logos, mldings, calipers, etc. Just throwing ideas out there. Possibilities are endless.

But +1 for being different. I personally wanted to get white Tenzos on my CWP MS3 but still am undecided. I also want to be different and not get the black on white/gold on white combos the majority of people have.

When it comes down to it, why does it matter what other people say? If you like it that's all that matters. You drive it. Not anyone else.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back