MS3 guys - want a gauge pod??

CasopoliS

Contributor
:
05 Legacy GT, 06 Accord SE, Civic
Well, some of you might remember me.... most won't. I used to own a MS Protege and was an active member of the community.

I design gauge pods that are OEM-like and mount using factory locations (i.e. no cutting, gluing, etc). I have designed many products for my Legacy GT and would like to start designing things for other vehicles. I have the ability to prototype designs overnight, and make changes based on response.

Is there anything you guys need? Gauge pods, switch panels, relocation panels, etc? If there is a need, I would be willing to design something and test it out. I only do small pieces, so no a-pillar creations, etc.
So far I have sold over 150 products for the Legacy GT, and I am the highest rated vendor on that website. I would love to re-join this community and possibly become a vendor here if there is a need.
I am open to anything... let me know!

Regards,
Jon

Here is a picture of 1 of my models for the Legacy GT.
Where these gauges are, there used to be storage space. My pod snaps right into the factory tabs, forms to the 'cubby', and holds 2 52mm gauges at an angle toward the driver. 5 minute install. The best part, the door to the storage space is still able to close which hides the gauges.

customer_cp1_01.jpg

II-Savy said:
Slick, my brother used to have a L GT. He's got a Prius now...lol.

wow there is a change.
the LGT is fun, about 300whp now or close.

I have about 14 variations of this product which start production at the end of this month. www.cubbypod.com (don't mind the horrible website, I did it myself and as you can see its nowhere near started...)

could you make one that goes where the nav system would go? I love the fact that the one for the legacy allows you to close that door over it, if you could make the gauge pod pop up like the nav screen does...that would be hot

I have an idea about a location for a single pod. I wouldn't mind seeing a gauge in the vent just left of the cluster. I really don't think that the vent being out of commision would be a big factor.

Welcome back Jon...I'm subscribing to this thread...Make sure you become an Authorized Vendor or AMM BEFORE you take any orders or conduct business of any kind.

Thank you!

Antoine said:
Welcome back Jon...I'm subscribing to this thread...Make sure you become an Authorized Vendor or AMM BEFORE you take any orders or conduct business of any kind.

Thank you!

Its good to be back. I will play by the rules :)
My idea is to do a prelim design, run it by the forum to get feedback... if I think I can gain business from the forum based on the feedback... I will become a vendor. Thanks for the opportunity guys.

benzo said:
I have an idea about a location for a single pod. I wouldn't mind seeing a gauge in the vent just left of the cluster. I really don't think that the vent being out of commision would be a big factor.

+1(2thumbs)

Have you ever tried to make one from the stock gauge cluster area? You know, kinda like so:
ipr_clusterbezel.jpg

I also like the single pod idea on far left vent.
There really isn't any good spots on the center console... it's all too integrated.

I don't usually design larger items, as it is not economical for me based on fabrication methods. But, I can design something that fits seamlessly into areas, so nothing you guys have mentioned see out of the question.

Now I just need to find an MS3 in NW Ohio.

I would love to have a custom pod. Im not sure where to put it though. I dont want to do much modification in the interior. Im thinking of maybe the left drivers side air vent or somewhere like that. A column near the dash would work to. Im only looking to put a boost gauge in the car so a sinlge pod would be what Im looking for. Keep us posted on what your thoughts are. On a side note, did you ever do anything for the MSP? Im curiouos because I dont remember you posting anything.

CasopoliS said:
I don't usually design larger items, as it is not economical for me based on fabrication methods. But, I can design something that fits seamlessly into areas, so nothing you guys have mentioned see out of the question.

Now I just need to find an MS3 in NW Ohio.

Hey I live in Elgin, IL (about 40 miles due west of Chicago). Are you concidering coming over the border? You could take a look at mine!

I am telling you the vent is the best location for that car and I am sure it is easy to do. PLEASE, PLEASE do a single in the vent.

Last edited:
i dunno, i dont use my AC that much, but on those cold winter mornings, i would hate not having the heat right there on my hands when im driving. I think either something near the gauge cluster or dash where the navi would be (obviously im leaning towards the second)

Yeah I am still down with Jbird on this one..I would love a pop-up one right where the navi would be! Definatly in for that!

I just purchased the Autometer Triple Gauge Pod and was wondering if this means that any autometer gauge will fit in the pod? B/c i was thinking about getting an aem gauge and i dont know if it will fit or not. Could anyone help me out??

gauges come in standard sizes
45mm
52mm
60mm

my guess is the pod holds 52mm gauges

Back