MS3 fog lamps

Shane5425

Contributor
:
2011 Mustang GT
what size are the bulbs??, i dont feel like crawling under there to check, just curious what type of bulb is in there.

Rotus wrote up a small thing about how to pull the glare shields in the fog lamp assemblies. I yanked them myself, and it made a big difference in the light output. So be sure to do that too when replacing the bulb.

I went with Hella Optilux Yellows,...they are OK, just not very "yellow", there is a lot more light on the road now though.

hehe, just fooling around on ebay, get a HID kit for the fogs... 9006 10000k bulbs....blind some people.. lol

Rotus wrote up a small thing about how to pull the glare shields in the fog lamp assemblies. I yanked them myself, and it made a big difference in the light output. So be sure to do that too when replacing the bulb.

I went with Hella Optilux Yellows,...they are OK, just not very "yellow", there is a lot more light on the road now though.

Ok, I searched with every option I could think of an could not find a Rotus8 note about removing fog light glare shields. Is this easily done and is there anything to watch for? Currently I strain to notice any difference between fog lights on and fog lights off.

If they were brighter, maybe I would have seen that BEAVER in time......
-enganear

The HIDs are so bright that you almost don't need the fogs. I think they're mostly cosmetic.

The HIDs are so bright that you almost don't need the fogs. I think they're mostly cosmetic.
Not true...with the right color they work with each other to light up the road, etc. I had the stock HIDs combined with the yellow fogs on my Evo; lit up EVERYTHING.

Not true...with the right color they work with each other to light up the road, etc. I had the stock HIDs combined with the yellow fogs on my Evo; lit up EVERYTHING.

He means the fogs on the ms3 are mostly cosmetic. If you turn them on/off at night, you can barely notice any difference. On my 01 maxima, the fogs did made a difference.

Thanks for the link, Rotus8 is the best. This is definitely on my To-Do list!
-enganear

with my shields, I just got in there with needle nose pliers and pulled them out of the way. They are still in the actual lens assembly, but it is harmlessly moved out of the way of the light path. That may work for you as well. The metal is pretty flimsy.

He means the fogs on the ms3 are mostly cosmetic. If you turn them on/off at night, you can barely notice any difference. On my 01 maxima, the fogs did made a difference.
Depends on how you have your seat positioned and how tall are you.(dunno)

Depends on how you have your seat positioned and how tall are you.(dunno)

The factory Mazda aim is very low...you can blind ants if you want, but very little else. Setting them up higher and pulling the shields will improve things without making people pissed at you.

The factory Mazda aim is very low...you can blind ants if you want, but very little else. Setting them up higher and pulling the shields will improve things without making people pissed at you.

they are aimable? also, how hard are they to remove (to get at the shields)? i didn't look when i replaced the bulbs...

EDIT: oops, re: pulling them, didn't read your other post(s). ; )

Back