MS3 as a canyon carver.

hyperpm

:
08.5 CPW MS3 Sport
Being in Norcal there are tons on nice twisties around here and finally got a chance to take this car up one of them. Car handled good but can tell it had a harder time in the tighter stuff. Steering ratio not as quick and front started to plow once I started pushing which I guess is expected from fwd. Sudden burst of torque at 3K rpm quite tricky as well. Maybe I'm just not used to it yet since I'm used to rwd. Pretty sure it'll do well on a roadcourse but in the tight stuff it does OK. Just my .02. Great balance between comfort and performance which is I what I wanted in this car since it's my daily driver.

Last edited:
(cool) I was in California a few weeks ago and the roads were one of my favorite parts. Even in our cheesy PT cruiser rental I had a good time

If you wanted the car to be a little more capable in the tight stuff you can get a larger rear swaybar. What this does is predispose the car more towards oversteer (whereas it is predisposed towards understeer from the factory). Also, when you get it aligned, a bit of toe out will give the car more turn-in response.

the MS3 is not at its best in tight twistys. its really a bit porky. everywhere else it will make you happy happy. i avoid twistys and take the banked turn routes. sooooo cooool!

yes but with just a few mods, suspension tires, should really turn the tame twist and turns into some pretty spirited driving

Big ARBs and coilovers makes all the difference. My commute consits of about 10 miles of California north coast twisties (plus the boring freeway part) and with my setup, it's great.

Back