ms3 all-season tire recommendations on 18" rims

ms3_zoomzoom

:
Mazdaspeed3
I have been looking on some of the popular sites for tires such as tirerack.com and found that their doesn't seem to be a decent all-season tire for under 150...is it just impossible to get tires for around 100-150 for 18's? i like the stock potenza's but they are strickly a summer performance tire. anyone find out otherwise?

ms3_zoomzoom said:
I have been looking on some of the popular sites for tires such as tirerack.com and found that their doesn't seem to be a decent all-season tire for under 150...is it just impossible to get tires for around 100-150 for 18's? i like the stock potenza's but they are strickly a summer performance tire. anyone find out otherwise?

I purchased a set of Pirelli Pzero Nero M+S for $500. They will be mounted on the stock MS3 rims when I get my car delivered in a couple of weeks.

I had asked in another thread. 225mm is only 10mm wider than the OEM size. 40% of 225 is 90mm (3.54 inches side wall total. 45% of 215 is 96.75mm (3.81 inches sidewall total) It's a .27 inch sidewall difference total which you'd cut in half. .135 difference in tire height. It's a touch bigger around.

SwampAss said:
I had asked in another thread. 225mm is only 10mm wider than the OEM size. 40% of 225 is 90mm (3.54 inches side wall total. 45% of 215 is 96.75mm (3.81 inches sidewall total) It's a .27 inch sidewall difference total which you'd cut in half. .135 difference in tire height. It's a touch bigger around.

I have run the Kumho ASX on my 3 in a 17 inch size and switched today to the Pirelli P-Zero Nero M+S. Initial impressions are that the Pirellis are a tad quieter and have a stiffer sidewall. They did tend to tramline a little on part of my drive home, but that could be them breaking in a little as well (or the road surface).

Ive had the ASX and now the AST's, cant really say which is better, so cal doesnt get too intense, but both tires held to the road in the rain, and the AST's got me to the ski resort even with alot ice on the road, there was only a few scarey moments.

Alot of good reviews on the P-Zeros, and I dont doubt they are quieter than the ast\asx, those effers are pretty noisey.

My SPTS are half as loud compared to the other 2.

fill out your location for your profile so have a beter idea of what "all season" means to you cause all season in virginia is going to be different then all season in north dakota.....

Back