MS3 Age & Occupation Thread

flyrevs said:
Not to jack the tread but Control Logix mainly and PLC5, SLC500.
Hey I got 1300 miles on my speed, the shifter is getting smoother now, I believe it is breaking in now. Sweet car. I pushed it into a curve on the on-ramp and got the wife yelling at me. The car wasn't even close to it's limits - heck the tires weren't even making noise :):):):)

Too bad she was not in the car with me when I was teaching a lexus SC400 that he ain't that fast... (shocked)

Fixin' to be 49 in Feb. / Sales Manager Printing Industry

07' Mazdaspeed 3 GT Mica Black with 5,000 miles on it.

My last car was an 02' Dark Blue P5, which my son (22) now proudly owns.

This car is everything the P5 lacked which was raw power, handling is great too!

Evo Scooter said:
Too bad she was not in the car with me when I was teaching a lexus SC400 that he ain't that fast... (shocked)
FTW! (first)​

DeepBlue said:
Fixin' to be 49 in Feb. / Sales Manager Printing Industry
07' Mazdaspeed 3 GT Mica Black with 5,000 miles on it.

Well all right then. Welcome, DeepBlue!

jbiird317 said:
I'm stealing this thread topic from one in the 3rd gen forum, but I thought its kinda cool to know what people do and how old they are. Maybe im just nosy, but it went well in 3rd gen, so I'll start it here:

Age 22, Chemistry Technician at Dade Behring, Inc

GREAT IDEA! 54 years ooold, Court Planner, State of Conn, Judicial Branch

2007 Mazdaspeed 3 - Grand Touring - Black Mica

Forma cars:
1976 Alfa Roma Alfetta GT
1976 Triumph TR7 & 1968 Triumph Spitfire
1972 Mazda RX-2 twin rotory
1962 & 1967 Austin Healey 3000

The Mazdaspeed 3 is the fastest(five-0) Maybe too fast...nah!!!

bbrich57 said:
Ah! I can put two and two together. You must be our resident government spy from Bangkok. 'Think I'll call you 007 from now on.... (lol) 'Got any good news from way out there?
45! Now that's more like it!
See kids (<30 somethings,) just because you get older doesn't mean you lose it.... the automotive juju I mean. We 40+'s STILL have it. (rlaugh)
Thanks for making me feel a little better Jack. 'Course the SPEED that jmacmx6gt suggested would make me feel even mo' betta'!!
'Can't wait to see some pics of the new baby.

Where is "The Country", TEXAS
I kinda thought I lived in the country...well, not any more.

I'm 45, truck Driver for Yellow. Ya I'm old but I love this car I've always liked cars like this. Limited production, not many on the road like it. Owned a 70 Buick GSX Stage 1 455, 70 Nova SS 396, 73 Impala which I put in a well modded 70 LS-5 454. 86 Buick Grand National purchased new. The last car I purchased new is a Black 94 Z-28 6 speed with lots of mods that will still put 340HP to the rear wheels at 179000 miles. Still have it. I do all my engine work and keep looking at the engine on this car and wonder how do you get so much low to mid range torque out of 2.3 liters? Oh ya, just wondering, how do you change the oil and filter on this car. Just got it 2 weeks ago. I get the service manual on everything I own just haven't ordered it yet

Barney said:
I'm 45, truck Driver for Yellow. Ya I'm old but I love this car I've always liked cars like this. Limited production, not many on the road like it.... ...Oh ya, just wondering, how do you change the oil and filter on this car. Just got it 2 weeks ago. I get the service manual on everything I own just haven't ordered it yet.

Hey Barney!! Welcome to the forums... and the greater Mazda family too.
'looks like you've owned some pretty interesting American iron over the years. My first car was a '57 Chevy 210, 2-dr, and I loved it, but have been into british, swedish, german and japanese cars nearly ever since.
As far as the oil change is concerned, I'm sure there's a write up on here some where. If you do a search you'll probably find something about , maybe w/pictures?
Basically, drop the undecarriage pan, I think it's 6 or 8, 8mm bolts. The oil filter is right near the front. There is a tool, but I usually just grab it w/my hand and twist like a spin off. Of course this is a cartridge style filter, so you will get a little dirty. Roll up your sleeves, etc.
The pan plug is on the back side/passenger (RS of the car.) And that's it! If you've done engine work, and had older cars this is not that hard. You might also consider switiching over to the 2.0 style spin-on filter. You'll need parts to do it, but I know there's a write-up about that here too.
Service manuals are easier and much cheaper online and on disk. I don't have one either but I've seen them for around $3.00 + shipping.

zero6three said:
Where is "The Country", TEXAS
I kinda thought I lived in the country...well, not any more.

It's a big state. There's a lot of Country still left in Texas. (lol) But you're right. Much of it seems to be going to the highest bidder... usually some development corporation.

Last edited:
bbrich57 said:

Hey Barney!! Welcome to the forums... and the greater Mazda family too.
'looks like you've owned some pretty interesting American iron over the years. My first car was a '57 Chevy 210, 2-dr, and I loved it, but have been into british, swedish, german and japanese cars nearly ever since.
As far as the oil change is concerned, I'm sure there's a write up on here some where. If you do a search you'll probably find something about , maybe w/pictures?
Basically, drop the undecarriage pan, I think it's 6 or 8, 8mm bolts. The oil filter is right near the front. There is a tool, but I usually just grab it w/my hand and twist like a spin off. Of course this is a cartridge style filter, so you will get a little dirty. Roll up your sleeves, etc.
The pan plug is on the back side/passenger (RS of the car.) And that's it! If you've done engine work, and had older cars this is not that hard. You might also consider switiching over to the 2.0 style spin-on filter. You'll need parts to do it, but I know there's a write-up about that here too.
Service manuals are easier and much cheaper online and on disk. I don't have one either but I've seen them for around $3.00 + shipping.

Thanks for the reply, I have yet to even put this car up in the air to look under it. I've put at least 350000 miles on 3 Acura Integras plus the wife has a 97 CRV which has the same engine. I could change the oil and filter blind on that engine. I started looking at the Mazda a few nights ago and couldn't even see the filter from above. I've been looking for a new car for a long time to replace the 90 Integra that I drive 72 miles to work. Now I will keep the Integra for the winter. It's getting pretty ratty but has good Bridgestone Blizzacks snow tires, and drive the Mazda in good weather. I live in the middle of northeast Ohio snowbelt and need something that will go in snow. I'll look around online and find the service manual. It's a rare nice Sunday morning in Ohio, I think I'll go for a ride

bbrich57 said:

It's a big state. There's a lot of Country still left in Texas. (lol) But you're right. Much of it seems to be going to the highest bidder... usually some development corporation.
where exactly in texas? I live around houston area.

36 - Distributed Computing Analyst for Fidelity National Finance. Picked up my MS3 on Dec 29. It actually came in a few days earlier then expected. Have about 400 miles on it so far. I freakin love this car. My other car has been sitting ALOT since I got it.

37-Public Safety & Health Dpt.

Been a Ford man forever, guess the MSP changed my mind on these type of cars

Former Cars
2003.5 Mazdaspeed Protege
1997 Ford F-150
1989 Ford Mustang
1986 Ford Mustang
1968 Ford Mustang
1967 Ford Galaxy 500

Back