MS CAI to short ram?

ch77

:
2007 MS3
I know someone here has done this.. Can you tell me what is involved? I did the CAI myself last year, and would be interested in changing it over to SRI, but am not going to do it if I have to have the piping cut, or anything. I'm just not sure how you'd go about doing this..

Seems to me it's either straightforward or quite complicated. The main reasons I'd change it over would be ease of filter cleaning, and much less worry about going through those deep puddles I currently won't go through.

Sorry if this has been covered before; I haven't been on here much at all lately..

bump for a good idea but unfortunately I don't know how to do this as I'm a noob at this type of thing.

You should just be able to take off the downpipe, and attach the filter to the top pipe. Then re-mount the fuel resistor ballast to its stock position on the frame rail. I believe that would be all there is to it. No cutting needed, its a 2-piece!

You should just be able to take off the downpipe, and attach the filter to the top pipe. Then re-mount the fuel resistor ballast to its stock position on the frame rail. I believe that would be all there is to it. No cutting needed, its a 2-piece!

I have this setup and you are absolutely correct.

i am running like this also. just take off the bottom portion of the pipe and re mount the filter. i took off the plastic splash guard and the pipe just dropped down. took maybe 15 minutes from the time i popped my hood to the time i closed it.

Right, it didn't occur to me to just re-mount the fuel resistor ballast back to the stock location. That will do it, I'm sure. Hopefully I'll get to this next week when I change my oil - 14,000 miles already.

Thanks! I'll post up my results when I do it.

Back