mrcc and break light

rtwick

:
Mazda CX-9 Touring
Any one know if MRCC turn on break light when slowing down? Reason I'm asking is that, yesterday I was cruising on a why and it slowed down when it came close to a vehicle in front. The guy behind me came dangerously close to me and started honking. So wondering if the break light doesn't turn on while slowing down. If it doesn't then it seems to be a very dangerous thing.

I enjoy using the MRCC and for a while, I kept trying to just keep it running even if traffic got a little thicker... It was fun waiting to see if the system would work or not, but honestly, it requires a bit of thought and I'd rather focus on driving. These days, as soon as traffic seems to get worse, I just turn it off until things lighten up. It's a great feature that could still use a little tweaking.

You know how the headlights turn if the car turns? I think the MRCC sensors need to do the same thing to keep from activating while driving alongside another vehicle on sweeping turns.

I noticed my brake lights came on when it activated because it was at night and I could see behind me. My system recently took a crap. Took it to the dealer and they could not figure it out so they are replacing the FOW sensor and a module.

I was driving along with the cruise on and all of a sudden the FOW warning light came on and it said it needed checked & my cruise control will not work. It's funny because when look back it seemed like the system would act funny at times so maybe there was a glitch in it from the beginning. I drive a 100 miles a day and miss my cruise but I take it in next week to get the parts replaced so we shall see. I am not upset because I love the car so much. Stay tuned!

I noticed my brake lights came on when it activated because it was at night and I could see behind me. My system recently took a crap. Took it to the dealer and they could not figure it out so they are replacing the FOW sensor and a module.

I was driving along with the cruise on and all of a sudden the FOW warning light came on and it said it needed checked & my cruise control will not work. It's funny because when look back it seemed like the system would act funny at times so maybe there was a glitch in it from the beginning. I drive a 100 miles a day and miss my cruise but I take it in next week to get the parts replaced so we shall see. I am not upset because I love the car so much. Stay tuned!

This is interesting to see. I had a brief issue with my FOW while driving around for a week on a spare tire (yes, I know, terrible). Twice during that time I got a message saying "FOW Inspection Required". When I went to the dealer to have the replacement tire put on I told them about the error and showed them the picture I took of it... they didn't find any problems and it hasn't happened sense so I assumed it was related to driving on the spare, now I wonder if it's going to crap out later randomly.

i think i read in the owners manual that if that message is displayed you should check and clean the grill emblem. there is a sensor behind the emblem. We were curious about the brake light issue too so gave the system a test. MRCC was engaged and as vehicle in front of us slowed to turn, the brakes were applied, a large red "brake" light flashed in the instrument cluster, there were some beeps and the rear brake lamps lit up as well. everything seemed to function as it should.

Yes the brake lights do illuminate when the car auto-brakes down a hill or for a car in front and actually applies the brake pedal. It will not illuminate for slow coasting-like changes in speed. The car also will brake when going down hills to prevent overspeed, and again the lights will illuminate.

Also: The title of this post should be brake light, not break light. :)

Last edited:
Back