Brake lights won’t turn off, multiple warning lights on (2016 CX-5)

I had my car in the shop to address a tire with a leak. After getting my car back that evening every warning light related to the tires came on and my break lights were on the entire time. I notified the shop and they told me to bring it back in. They ran diagnostics and said it was the brake switch and not related to the tire repair. I had no issues prior. I brought it back and they replaced the switch for the third time since the first one failed during the first replacement. Then wanted to charge me more for more diagnostics saying it was electrical and preexisting to the the tire repair. Reading a lot of similar has anyone found a fix? I don’t want to spend a fortune looking for a gremlin but also I can’t safely drive my car when the break lights are constantly on. 2016 Cx5 100k miles. Battery a year old. All fluids are topped off :)

Attachments

• IMG_8902.jpeg
    IMG_8902.jpeg
    60.9 KB · Views: 36
My first thought would be battery but unlikely if it's only 1 yr old. Could you take a picture of the lights?
I even disconnected the battery for 15 20 minutes to see if it would reset and the brake lights are still on and then the warning lights have gone down to two left the traction control lights malfunction and the tire pressure sensor light says it’s malfunctioned.

As I understand your post, your brake lights on the back of the car are on all the time as if your foot is on the brake pedal. I think that the brake lights would remain on even when the car is turned off and you walk away. That will drain your battery and cause other low voltage problems like you have.

I'm assuming "the shop" you have taken your car for the tire issue is a tire shop and not a Mazda dealership. I se they've replaced the brake light switch "for the third time" so hard to imagine that you've had three bad parts. Unless you have some skills at troubleshooting electrical, your best bet is going to be a Mazda dealership or another trusted shop since this one isn't figuring it out.

I was referring to the dash lights. Try driving it around the block a few times and see if the lights would self clear. I kinda think the problem might be with the battery.
I did try that. I’m not so
As I understand your post, your brake lights on the back of the car are on all the time as if your foot is on the brake pedal. I think that the brake lights would remain on even when the car is turned off and you walk away. That will drain your battery and cause other low voltage problems like you have.

I'm assuming "the shop" you have taken your car for the tire issue is a tire shop and not a Mazda dealership. I se they've replaced the brake light switch "for the third time" so hard to imagine that you've had three bad parts. Unless you have some skills at troubleshooting electrical, your best bet is going to be a Mazda dealership or another trusted shop since this one isn't figuring

I'm assuming "the shop" you have taken your car for the tire issue is a tire shop and not a Mazda dealership. I se they've replaced the brake light switch "for the third time" so hard to imagine that you've had three bad parts. Unless you have some skills at troubleshooting electrical, your best bet is going to be a Mazda dealership or another trusted shop since this one isn't figuring it out.
The break lights do shut off when the car is off. I didn’t bring it to a Mazda dealer but just a local mechanic shop. They have done repairs for me in the past and very trusted in the community. I just don’t understand how I had nothing wrong prior and now all these issues instantly after picking it up the first time. I will have to take it to a dealership. But now it’s going to sit for over a week since we are going out of town.

New development. Warning lights and break lights turn off when I turn them off. Come back on when I turn lights on.

Did you take a look to see if they damaged an ABS sensor wire? Maybe one got ripped and is shorting on something. Also, it's possible the battery could be bad even though it's new. But it sounds like some one did something underneath.

Back