MPT (Miles Per Tank)

sorry to bump an old thread but...

how much does the blend of gas actually change per region?

i just got my protege5 in mid-november and haven't been getting the zany mpgs you guys are posting...i think i'm averaging around 300 miles per tank. but that's generally city driving (boston). it sounds like there are others like this...but should i change the spark plugs? i only have ~16,750 miles on it a the moment.

s***, forgot to mention i'm driving standard...

Last edited:
Since I didn't get to answer before, I think I usually get a little above 300 mpt.

I have a sport-auto and well I drive conservatively and I can drive like a nascar driver at times. It all depends!

gordo172 said:
what else besides spark plugs and a dirty air filter can contribute to bad gas mileage?

Improper tire inflation comes to mind.

My low fuel light tends to come on at 320ish miles per tank.

Jason

low light at 300-320 most times.
lately ive been gettin s*** gas mileage cuz of the winter gas and i know i need air in my tires (which ill be doing this morning in the 15* weather lol)

i'm getting about 340 miles when the light comes on...how many gallons is the tank? 14?

lately I've barely been making it to 200 before the light comes on. :'(

All my mods up until the turbo netted me 36.6mpg (all highway), argh I hate this mazdaspeed protege ECU :p

I still haven't gotten a chance to check the highway mileage of the MSP ecu, maybe it won't be so bad if I stay out of boost for a few hundred miles..

520km for me before I fill up usually. 323 miles. I could probably squeeze at least another 40 or 60 km out of it before it really runs dry.

Get between 230 and 300. It fluctuates a lot. Any mods I can do to keep it consistently higher?

no f'in way! That is like 5-6 MPG. I don't believe that for one second. If it is really that bad, take it in to a mechanic. You probably have a leak in your gas tank.

415+- if I drive it too long with the light on.

I fill up at 390 though.

Whay do so many people get so low miles per tank? Do you drive it like you stole it all week?

Diehonda said:
415+- if I drive it too long with the light on.

I fill up at 390 though.

Whay do so many people get so low miles per tank? Do you drive it like you stole it all week?

I doubt I'll make it to 230 before the gas light comes on this tank. I blame ze turbo though.

Normally I'd get to 350 before the light came on... I've gotten over 400 with the light not even on yet, all highway driving at 70mph with the cruise on (and the windows down, which creates quite a bit of drag but oh well I don't like my car being closed up)

ive never gotten over 300...I just got my fuel system cleaned where they hooked up the I.V to a vaccum line so maybe that will help

Try driving 55mph or less on a highway. This make a huge difference in mpg. but you have to be very pacient. Also you will see diffrent way of driving. A lot of asshole cutting you off. Good luck.

last tank i got 300 almost, it was like 290 give or take some miles. i dont do any highway driving whats so ever, maybe like once a month, maybe though. i drive around the city and i drive it a little hard. its such a fun car, how could you not want to zoom zoom around. last week i broke up with my gf so i wasnt driving around to her house so that gave me some better gas mileage this tank of gas.

Back