MPS Stripes on a MS3....

Finally got a good picture... I've had these installed since middle of last month...

DSC03694.jpg

DSC_4151_jpg_768.jpg

DSC_4257.jpg

I got these from mleblond at another forum...

They are the closest MPS stripes you can buy. I tried getting them from Mazda directly, but no luck...I even tried in Australia and Japan...nothing.

Mleblond from Canada is the only guy you can get them from. I know there are a couple of local guys that make stripes, but their versions are not the same cut as the original MPS...

Last edited:
looks nice!
you did the installation yourself? how hard is it?

Yeah, I installed it myself. It was super easy, just need to be patient and detail oriented. Tools needed were a hard plastic squeegee, X-acto knife/blade (something sharp), bottle of soapy water, and a hair dryer.

Took me about an hour and a half taking my time...

yea its just that everything on that car is matched with each other. if just the stripes were on that car i would hate them as well, but they flow with the car very nicely.

i think it looks better on your silver car than on the red... however, i also think that its a bit too fast and the furious for my taste

Yeah, I installed it myself. It was super easy, just need to be patient and detail oriented. Tools needed were a hard plastic squeegee, X-acto knife/blade (something sharp), bottle of soapy water, and a hair dryer.

Took me about an hour and a half taking my time...

cool...
I'm so tempting to do it,actually I was in the group buy at first but then got out cuz I screwed the black roof overlay installation(bluebatmobile),well it's not really my fault cuz it's not well precut,so I was worried about the samething might happen to these stripes

so they come precut or you need to cut 'em urself?

come like this?
DSC01549.jpg

Last edited:
cool...
I'm so tempting to do it,actually I was in the group buy at first but then got out cuz I screwed the black roof overlay installation(bluebatmobile),well it's not really my fault cuz it's not well precut,so I was worried about the samething might happen to these stripes

so they come precut or you need to cut 'em urself?

come like this?
DSC01549.jpg

They come just like in the picture...the only cutting you need to do is trimming between the rear doors (gap) and 1/4 panel and the hood to fender gap; oh and trim at the front of the hood.

Other than that just use really soapy water so you have plenty of time to adjust the position of it. The hair dryer really helps out to make the stripe conform to the shape of bends and curves. Inspect 2, 3, 4, 5 times if you have to before drying it out; make sure everything is perfectly aligned and equal on both sides.

I actually enjoyed the install...

Does anybody know where one could get the black wheel arch moldings just like the ones on the australian MPS Extreme? The ones sold here for the regular 3 are painted and frankly not worth $330. But I think I like the unpainted plastic of the australian model.

The aussie model didnt appeal to me for very long, the stripes are great on the other hand ok for example on silver and red would spice it up but say on a white would ruin it. The black painted roof isnt a big deal looks kinda out of place, the matte rims are ok I would much rather see a set of Tenzo Type Ms!!!
The black rolled fenders look meh, I say if I had the desire to copy that model I'd leave painting the roof/ rolling the fenders out and I will be pretty close...

Last edited:
Back