Mpg?

I'm currently getting about 23-25 avg mpg, on my 2002 MP5. I've read all the other threads and see that it's around the same, and more if you have a manual tranny.

Found this today on craigslist: http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/car/514823663.html

and he's claiming that he gets 30+ mpg and an auto trans. is that typical? or is this bs?

btw, i'm a long time reader, first time poster and i love this forum!

yeah, I've got the 5spd and the best I've seen was 31 on a road trip though flat areas with no AC on doing the speed limit.

on a side note for reference, I have a sport auto p5, I granny it most of the time with about 60/40 city highway driving and only manage 24mpg.

On a side note side note, I too have the sport auto, I do NOT granny it, especially on frwy, with about 60/40 frwy city driving & get 24-26mpg regularly like clockwork.

It might be possible, but do not expect member on this board to get that kinda of mileage daliy. (drive2) I have produced 34 mpg once going to Kentucky with 3-4 people. I believe weight lowering the car and speed helped it the most (55 mph). Of course I have a CAI and stuff, where clearly this is a stock mp5. I usually get 25-28 mpg right now. I think I got 28 yesterday when I filled up. Just remember, mods not only give you power, but also increases the efficiency of your car. It's a win win situation!

For about the past year, I've been consistantly between 29-31 MPG. Last week, I hit 32.6.

I drive like a wild banshe an get 25, have gotten 29 on the hwy. Is there anyway to direct bolt up a tranny with OD??? I hate crusing on the hwy at 3-4k rpm lol

I think #1 depends on type of driving and the roads we drive on...

I get 24mpg consistently with probably 90% city driving with a lot of hills to accelerate up...So I eat up gas like no other...

I have not had a long road trip for ages, so don't know my highway mileage at all...

yeah, I've got the 5spd and the best I've seen was 31 on a road trip though flat areas with no AC on doing the speed limit.

This is about the same for me...I normally hit the highways at a high speed, lowering my MPG...around town I drive for fun not MPG, so I normally get 23-25

I generally get between 24-25 like clock work. I have seen as high as 28 and as low as 21.3 (bad primary 02 sensor and hwy doign triple digits). I get the 24-25 doing about 50/50 city/hwy with my foot in it majority of the times.

I'll find out here pretty soon what my mpg is with a bad spark plug wire on bank one will be.. Corksport wires are taking forever to get here!!!!

Latest posts

Back