MPG and gas price thread!

The funniest thing I saw was on my trip to GA, the huge gas price billboards only had room for a 1 to the left of the decimals. Guess nobody thought the prices would ever get to $2.00!

$1.76 for regular today in central MA. Frst time in a long time 87 has been under $1.80.

89 was $1.86
91 was $1.96

Last edited:
Mike R said:
The funniest thing I saw was on my trip to GA, the huge gas price billboards only had room for a 1 to the left of the decimals. Guess nobody thought the prices would ever get to $2.00!

this is true- on the way to indiana this summer, a lot of the billboards just said .15 or something since the first digit only could be a "1" they just took it off, lol.

How do you guys manage to get 26mpg!

I get 24 even when I shift at 2000 EVERY TIME!

Gas > Me

I only have P+P Intake Mani, CAI, 0 Cats, Axel back exhaust

I run mobil 1 synthetic also.

I was happy today to fill up at $1.97 for regular.

Once again GAS > Me

I get about 24MPG...

Depending on where you go $2.20s to $2.30s for 91 octane. Costco gas can be had for $2.04 for 91.(hippy)

pdhaudio83 said:
this is true- on the way to indiana this summer, a lot of the billboards just said .15 or something since the first digit only could be a "1" they just took it off, lol.
Yep, that's the way they were on my trip too.

$1.96 per gallon...filling up regular (87) at costco gas...22-23mpg...im still really surprised on the mpg that a few of u are getting...

haha... not only do I pay around $1.71 for premium (if my car had an engine in it right now) but I always get 26-27 for my typical driving, and 31 or so for all highway... and I drive F1 style all day long.... I W1N!!!

of course, those numbers are going out the window when the thumper is on.

yeah, i drive like a maniac too, yet my mpg is in the shitter...dunno y at all...

Protege52003 said:
$1.76 for regular today in central MA. Frst time in a long time 87 has been under $1.80.

89 was $1.86
91 was $1.96
drive by a station tonight where:

87 was $1.71
89 was $1.77
91 was $1.85

I like seeing this.....

i think i have you all beat on regular...except for cali guys but at the cheapest in my town its like $2.19 but it can go up to like $2.25 or $2.35 or so JUST FOR REGULAR....imagine the other grades.......but yeah it blows cause instead of paying 20 bucks for a full tank, when i originally got the car, i now have to pay close to 30...not even 2 years after i bought the car

Now that I finaly got my tire pressure correct, I'm gettin around 19-25mpg. Just paid $2.09 for regular. That's the cheapest it's been in quite a while. If ppl in front of me would stop braking for no reason, I might be able to get better mileage. lol It gets old, speed up(slowly), slow down, speed up, slow down. Ppl out here need to learn how to just cruise. Oh well. That's my mini-rant for the day.

novAKs47 said:
Now that I finaly got my tire pressure correct, I'm gettin around 19-25mpg. Just paid $2.09 for regular. That's the cheapest it's been in quite a while. If ppl in front of me would stop braking for no reason, I might be able to get better mileage. lol It gets old, speed up(slowly), slow down, speed up, slow down. Ppl out here need to learn how to just cruise. Oh well. That's my mini-rant for the day.
yeah, there are a lot pf people who do not know how to drive on the roads now; people that don't care or have respect for other drivers!

i get from 25-29 MPG on my average fill ups. I actually got about 31 MPG doing a couple highway trips last weekend to boston and providence. went about 250 miles on 8.1 gallons. and really filled the tank after the pump shut off......

Back