MP3 Vs. VW Jetta (1999 - Present)

Triton, just because I'm too lazy to go fishing around for the posts about your mods that are probably just petty lies anyway doesn't make me a 'baby.' By the way, those are some awfully creative insults you're throwing. Why don't you just humor us and post your mods?

And what's intelligence (or lack thereof, according to you) got to do with racing Metros?

[ 01-04-2002: Message edited by: mp3girly ]

SMOKED!!!....a 1.8T

hey all....i was at starbucks in canton in the past few weeks aga and this white Jetta 1.8T pulls up in the parking lot and starts talking smack about my MSP....he kept callin it a "Prota Gay"....so i heard him say some other s*** and so i approched him and said, dude WTF....your car is so damn slower (i wasnt sure but i was hoping it was)....finally he wanted to race and so we went to find a red.....i dunno if any of you guys know where this is at...it was by the Strip Mall off Canal Fulton Exit off I-77.....we cought a red and he kept reving and being stupid...on green i launched at about 2500 and amazingly i got very minimal spin (which suprized me!)...i look over and hes losing badly caz he had worse traction than i had....and thats about it....i beat his ass through two lights and he never had a chance.....i pulled back into Starbucks and the Jetta pulls in and picks up his budds....and leaves after i said to stay and chat.....owell....i guess 1.8T Jettas arnt as fast as i though(2thumbs)

Wow, what an old thread brought back to life. At first I was like, wtf, why is linux even bothering about a non turbo Jetta race. And what? he was actually having some competition?

heh heh, then I saw the date and said "aaaaaah, ok"
:D

I have driven a 1.8T and my gf sister has one and they would waste a mp5/mp3 any day. my car isnt even near to its level yet and thats a stock 1.8T.. now they have a GLI that is 200hp@crank. and u r assuming it had no mods... although it can never compare handling wise. i think with your setup it would be pretty even linux.. which it was.. although reliability does leave something to be desired.

WOW! What an old thread! Yeah, this thread was made when I still had my 1st engine..lol..(before N20).

Its old and I'm bored....

Both the 1.8T and VR6 are very low 15 second cars. The Mp3 is a mid 16. Street racing is fun. Whoever was beating them in an LX needs to uh....quit racing old ladies that aren't racing. :p If you're in Houston anytime soon, my friend has a bone stock 1.8T Jetta you can race. It's even his girlfriend's car...

Back