mp3 vs eclipse ????

PaulMP3

Contributor
:
Turbo MP3 #222, 00 Silverado Z71
yesterday i was driving down the street when i saw a new model eclipse so i sped up and past him. he had that color changing paint an some nice rims on it no performance mods that i could tell. so i was in front of him at the light and he gun it off the start and past me goin up hill i floored it but he still past me. he didnt blow by me but he obuviously had way more power than me. i pulled up behind him but he took all the badges off so i wasnt sure if it was a v6 or not. I was just wondering if a 4cylinder eclipse could beat our car cause if it was a six i think he would have totally dusted me. but if its a four im gonna be pissed cause i thought we could beat a 4cyl. one.

Paulmp3222 i think it was a v-6GT. If you guys were going up hill it couldn't be (maybe) but couldn't be a 4cyl. cause the 4cyl weighs the same as the v-6 at 3200+ pounds and it only has 147hp with 160+something torque. There's no way the rs 0r gs can take the MP3. 1 regular eclipse do 0-60mph in 9.3sec and the turbo eclipse do 0-60mph in 6.4-6.9sec and the v-6GT eclispe do 0-60mph in 7-7.5sec and if going uphill from the 4cyl, and he smashed off the line then the MP3 is running 9.9+ 0-60mph which i doubt that. So i guess IMO it had to be the GT V-6 with shaved emblems.

i dont think there is a turbo on the new eclipse 4. I also think it must be a v6.

With the mp3's weight advantage I think it would be a close race. I don't know the standing 1/4 mile time for the 3g 4 cyl eclipse though. The eclipse no longer comes in a turbo model as of the year 2000.

There's no way the rs 0r gs can take the MP3
well thats not always true ,two weeks ago my cousin and i went to the runs in his gs eclipes and smoked a mp3 2 times not by much by 1.5 car lenth or so .hes only running a aem cai and a greedy ex. and the mp3 had the aem intake + the eclipes is 300 lb heavyer the our car

it had the stock exhaust on it. i figure it must be a gt considering who ever it was probally put a few g's in the paint job. it was really cool looking. i would hope if some one was to waste that much on paint, has got some power under the hood.

Originally posted by Paulmp3222:
<STRONG>it had the stock exhaust on it. i figure it must be a gt considering who ever it was probally put a few g's in the paint job. it was really cool looking. i would hope if some one was to waste that much on paint, has got some power under the hood.</STRONG>

That's a bad assumption. Most people who do spend that money on aesthetics, don't have the coin left over for actual performance mods.

And I wouldn't assume it was the 6-cylinder... the 4 cylinder in the Mitsu has a broader torque curve than the MP3 engine and will pull on an MP3. The V6 would walk away from an MP3 easily, even with a slushbox.

Yeah but still the V-6GT would not walk away from the MP3 going uphill like that. Maybe a ferrari or NSX but a eclipse V-6. common now. :rolleyes:

rofl...so you're saying we could race something like a porsche or a m3 uphill and give em a run, if not beat them? uphill, downhill, flat road...a V6 would hand our asses to us.

Originally posted by tritonheat1:
<STRONG>Yeah but still the V-6GT would not walk away from the MP3 going uphill like that. Maybe a ferrari or NSX but a eclipse V-6. common now. :rolleyes:</STRONG>

My Eclipse is pretty slow..wanna go at it sometime with your MP3? ;)

my girl is getting the 02 gs eclips.
i had the 91 gsx wich kick ass.
i wish i still had that car.
f'in woman

NO KePo a Ferrari or NSX wouldn't walk away from us it would run away leaving us standing still. But still a 4-cylinder Eclipse base walking away i don't think so. Going uphill now, not flat road any car has problems going uphill. Most people have to drop gear just to stay at a pace speed. like the grapevine heading towards magic mountain. A V-6Gt might walk away on a flat road but still going uphill that impossible to leave another car standing unless our car shares the engine of a geo metro.

Back