MP3 tires

:
Mazda MP3
I need tires that will last on long road trips considering I have to travel back and forth from dallas to miami. R the Yokohama Paradas any good for that or any suggestions?

If you drive a lot, you want something with a really good treadwear rating. I've made the Austin to Miami drive before, so I know how much driving it is. I read about them on Tire Rack & they sound good (decent treadlife too), but according to the reviews, they have the same problem as Kumho 712s...as they wear down, they get REALLY noisy.

Toyo Prozes FZ4 is not too bad. The treadwear is 300 and it is all season tire so it supposed to be quite. About the price, I am thinking it will be cheaper compare to Toyo Prozes +4

what sizes would u suggest for my MP3 rims currently I have 215/40 but what other sizes would fit good. Also have to consider that there will be alot of wieght on my car because I willl be taking all my stuff from college back home.

I would recommend 215/45-17 just because it's what the MSP has stock & I thought the MP3 did too. If you are hauling a lot, every little bit of extra tire thickness will help & the 45 will be thicker than the 40s you have now.

I would avoid Hankook. If you want an affordable tire, look at Kumho...they have the best value when it comes to performance tires.

Ditto the noise on the Parada. Great stick, better treadlife than the AVS ES-100's I had-BTW, I was really disappointed with the ES-100. I had Parada's first, then ES-100's, and have since gone back to the Parada. ES-100's are quieter when new, and ride a bit better, but not as sticky, not as crisp on the turn-in response, they got very noisy as they wore, and I ended up getting 23K out of them, 7K less than the Parada's. The trade off is the Parada will get VERY LOUD near the end of it's life, but all performance tires do this, some are just worse than others.

Back