mp3 owners vs tranny problems.

Check all of the corresponding options. We can then tally up the results.

• Do You own a MP3?

Votes: 69 69.0%
  • YES my MP3 has tranny problems

Votes: 33 33.0%
  • NO My MP3 tranny is ok

Votes: 42 42.0%
  • I own a P5

Votes: 16 16.0%
  • YES my P5 has tranny problems

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • NO my P5 tranny is ok

Votes: 17 17.0%
  • I own a ES or LX Protege

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • YES my ES\\\\LX has tranny problems

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • NO my ES\\\\LX tranny is ok

Votes: 4 4.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Two months?!?!

Is that standard for a tranny replacement?

Wonder what the hell ill do for transportation during those ineveitable 2 months that lie ahead... :(

Rocky

Don't know if that if normal wait time or not but that is what happened to us....said the tranny had to be built.....maybe your wait won't be as long :)

eh newf i guess you get your car serviced at penny mazda west . how do you find those guys . i had my mp5 in there last week for a few things , now they say i need a new tranny (auto). this is the first time that i had a car where i replaced a trans, i cant believe it only 60,000 kms on the thing , oh well as long as its under warranty i guess!!! maybe next time i,ll stick to a honda or a toyota again.

my tranny went at about 44,000 miles. Blew up bad on a 2-3 upshift also. The stealership wanted over $4,000 for a new one. I bought a used pro5 tranny for $500 and had a friend install it. BTW I had been MSP turboed for the 3,000 miles prior to my tranny blowing up???

lost 1st tranny at 13500 miles, then the second at 27,000 miles, and now the third also feels like s***.......first was replaced for free, and the second i had to pay for due to my mods on my car, the dealership gave me some bulls*** about how my parts put to much torque on the tranny which caused it to sear off some differential pin or something like that, and they accused me of taking it to 8000 rpms on a daily basis and bs like that......it was kinda pathetic that i was telling the manager how some of the parts worked, and when i prooved him wrong there was a couple minutes of silence, and then he claimed that i was lying, and that i was just a boy and didn't know how car worked

oh by the way, i just had bolt on mods, header, j-spec and ms cams, intake, underdrive pulley, short throw, and straight through exhaust with a tsudo muffler on it......could not have been pushing that much extra torque on the engine, i wasn't even turbo'd for christs sake

Has anyone that has not raced their car had tranny probs??? I am looking at getting a MP3 or a P5 but do not want to be replacing trannys all the time. And is this covered under the powertrain warr.???
Thanks
Christopher

Porsche said:
Has anyone that has not raced their car had tranny probs??? I am looking at getting a MP3 or a P5 but do not want to be replacing trannys all the time. And is this covered under the powertrain warr.???
Thanks
Christopher
it shouldnt matter whether u race it or not, im putting down a whopping 115whp and im on my 3rd clutch and second tranny, the protege 5 speed manual sucks my nuts

On the other extreme, I have 50,000 miles on my original clutch and tranny and have had zero issues...

The problems, I maintain, are still driver related.

Back