MP3 / Mazdaspeed Protege Conversion Guide

I don't have the drive way/garage space to keep another car... live at home with parents and two older brothers, there are 5 cars in the house including min, we have a 2 car garage, and enough room to park 2 cars in teh driveway... so we made our own parking spot... took out about half of the front lawn haha

So I'm gonna do this to my winter beater LX lol! Another protege to waste money on... Anyways, I'm gonna chop the rebar instead of getting a new one, but my question is regarding the cushion. The cushion is a styrofoam piece that attaches to the rebar. If I just lop the sides off my rebar (it's just my winter beater, so don't give a ****) and get the P5 cushion (I actually might have a couple in my basement) I'm good to go?

My local dealer had the 03.5 rear lip that someone ordered and they've had it for 18months so he gave it to me for $50. I have my old P5 front bumper (it's actually a MSP bumper with slipller) and my stock P5 skirts, so I'm gonan do an MP3 conversion on my LX for less than $400. You watch!

I'm gonan throw my stock P5 suspension (all of it) on the LX. Is it any lower than the LX setup? I thought it was like 1/4" drop or something...

The proportions of the rebar are slightly different, I can't remember if the LX rebar is smaller or not. Either way, you might end up with a slight wobble or unwanted flex to the front bumper. Although, if it is going to be your beater then I don't think you have anything to worry about. Try to test fit the new bumper if you can.

Thanks! How are you likeing your C6? mY Dad is a HUGE 'Vette afficionado... He's got a Mil. Yellow as well.

So I'm gonna do this to my winter beater LX lol! Another protege to waste money on... Anyways, I'm gonna chop the rebar instead of getting a new one, but my question is regarding the cushion. The cushion is a styrofoam piece that attaches to the rebar. If I just lop the sides off my rebar (it's just my winter beater, so don't give a ****) and get the P5 cushion (I actually might have a couple in my basement) I'm good to go?

My local dealer had the 03.5 rear lip that someone ordered and they've had it for 18months so he gave it to me for $50. I have my old P5 front bumper (it's actually a MSP bumper with slipller) and my stock P5 skirts, so I'm gonan do an MP3 conversion on my LX for less than $400. You watch!

I'm gonan throw my stock P5 suspension (all of it) on the LX. Is it any lower than the LX setup? I thought it was like 1/4" drop or something...

Have you installed this 03.5 lip? I just got mine back from paint and have no instructions. It seems like I may be missing a couple nuts. Any tips on the install? Should I get some double sidded tape?

Well no worries, I put mine on this afternoon. I think it looks great. I did take the bumper cover off and it all went pretty smooth.
Anybody wanna buy some P5 fogs with tinted protection films?

does anyone know if I'm able to swap out the cluster from a 2001-2003 Mazda Protege ESGT or Mazdaspeed to a 99 Protege LX?

hey anyone know where can i get the part of the dashboard that comes with the 2 gauges pod attach to it?????? I really love that style they look really sexy :D let me know plis i really want to get them for my MSP project

Wow that seems to be a lot just for a conversion kit. But if someone really wanting it, I could see the reasoning for getting all of that. But I must say that the ones i have seen look great so far!

Back