MP3 for sale

saided18

Contributor
Hi everyone. I'm selling my MP3 beacuse I finished my last year in college and I got a job. WOOOOHOOO. Any way. I need to sell this car b/c i'm going to buy a new BMW 330 Ci. I love this car and don't really want to sell it but I really want the BMW. I have put in over $3000 in this car. The car has 19k miles on it.
this is what i have in my car-

Injen CAI
indash Kenwood TV with PSX 2
THE REAL HID Xeon conversion kit
Also it has a 7 year 100k warany

I'm looking to get $18k for it. I would bring it to a dealer but the really down give a darn if a have a TV in it or not. Let me know if any one is interested. Thanks

Well you can not buy a new one due to the fact that there are no new ones around and second the 100k waranty plus every thong else i put into the car adds up to at least $5,000. I have seen MP3 going for and sold for $16k. so i think with every thing else i put into the car i think $19k is a reasonable price. Well that my opinion. oh well

ill give you 18k.............canadian

:)

and if you ask in one more thread about someone scannig the article for you..............then........or else!!

Although you put your hard earned time and money into your car, please realize that your "upgrades" degrade from the value of your car. If I were you, I'd put it all back to stock and try to get 17k for it and keep your parts to sell, or ask $15.5k-$16k. Good luck with the sale. Sorry to see another MP3er leaving :(.

Chris

DooMer is right...with all those extras.....the value of the car has actually decreased....because its no longer original....If u put the car back to stock...you can prolly get 17 for it.....I live in NC and there are a few dealers here that have some for sale...and they're selling for 18....thats after markup....since I am a car salesman..i can tell you that they only gave maybe 15 or 16 on trade for those cars.....the biggest thing people don't come to realize is that their car is worth alot more in their minds than it is in real life...i know you would love to get 19 out of it...but u gotta realize that its just not worth that much.....thats my 2 cents

like i said, ill give you 18..........canadian for it (even tho I live in connecticut hehe)

but fuggit, leave it at 19, some sucker will buy it. Look at RX7s. If you go to RX7club.com all the experienced members will agree the real value on a 3rd gen is like 10-12 right now, i saw one with a new motor at a dealer for 15 the other day, but people sell em for 20 easy. Bottom line, your car isnt worth 19, but if you advertise it, you can probably get 19 for it. Hope you're not in a hurry tho...:)

I really don't know who you guys talk to but people i know seem to think that you is worth more when you hook it up. Also of course in the eyes of a sales man the car would be worth less but in the real world your wrong. I'm not here to fight or get into arguments but just think about it. I'm selling my car to a younger age group. The things that i put in to the car are appealing to kids. I have a crowd around my car when i went down the shore and parked my car and was playing PSX2 untill my friend came out of the store. I don't no about you but if there were to same cars but one was hooked up (i.e. had rims, body kit, and other stuff) and the other one was stock i would deff buy the hooked up one. Also one more thing. So tell me get this right. people at car shows that hook up their car....their car is worthless? Also by you theory once places like Saleen, Mazdaspeed, RUF and Callaway tune the cars, the cars are worthless. The won't be stock right? Also if i were to put the wing west body kit on my car and change the rims my car would be worthless?

BY the way i already had offers and people are comming on wed to see the car. So oh well.

lets be clear that we were saying your car would be WORTH LESS as opposed to WORTHLESS

and saleen/RUF/MAZDASPEED mods arent quite the same as a ps2.......

saided18 said:
I really don't know who you guys talk to but people i know seem to think that you is worth more when you hook it up. Also of course in the eyes of a sales man the car would be worth less but in the real world your wrong. I'm not here to fight or get into arguments but just think about it. I'm selling my car to a younger age group. The things that i put in to the car are appealing to kids. I have a crowd around my car when i went down the shore and parked my car and was playing PSX2 untill my friend came out of the store. I don't no about you but if there were to same cars but one was hooked up (i.e. had rims, body kit, and other stuff) and the other one was stock i would deff buy the hooked up one. Also one more thing. So tell me get this right. people at car shows that hook up their car....their car is worthless? Also by you theory once places like Saleen, Mazdaspeed, RUF and Callaway tune the cars, the cars are worthless. The won't be stock right? Also if i were to put the wing west body kit on my car and change the rims my car would be worthless?

BY the way i already had offers and people are comming on wed to see the car. So oh well.

One thing to keep in mind is the warranty. If that new stereo breaks, they aren't going to cover it like they would the stock stereo. If those headlights break, they aren't going to cover it under warranty. Luckily you didn't do too much to your car. A dealer will definitely NOT give you the same price with mods over a stock car. Any self-respecting buyer would know that aftermarket parts decrease value. I don't think things like rims are going to do that however. In the private-selling world, I think you'll find people that will have wanted to do the mods you did, and thus give you the money. If you have prospective buyers already, more power to you. But it is a FACT that aftermarket parts generally reduce the resale value of your car. You can believe us if you want to or not. I just wanted to throw the info out to you. Good luck!

Chris

Look i didn't want get into some huge argument about this but you guy just don't seem to understand. Your looking at it from a dealers point of view. I looking at it from a normal person point of view. You put a TV in your car it makes it appealing and when selling a PERSON NOT A DEALER. That person might be willing to pay a little more for the car. I'm not talking tens of thousnads, but you might be able to get a few extra hundred for the car. This is why i won't go a dealer and trade it in. B/c they wouldn't give me a fair price for the car. what ever enough said i don't feel like talking about this any more.

Also I live in Franklin Lakes so of course you would see me around Paterson.

saided18 said:
Look i didn't want get into some huge argument about this but you guy just don't seem to understand. Your looking at it from a dealers point of view. I looking at it from a normal person point of view. You put a TV in your car it makes it appealing and when selling a PERSON NOT A DEALER. That person might be willing to pay a little more for the car. I'm not talking tens of thousnads, but you might be able to get a few extra hundred for the car. This is why i won't go a dealer and trade it in. B/c they wouldn't give me a fair price for the car. what ever enough said i don't feel like talking about this any more.

Also I live in Franklin Lakes so of course you would see me around Paterson.

Dude, No need to get pissy. I was just trying to point out that GENERALLY aftermarket parts REDUCE the value of the car because GENERALLY they REDUCE RELIABILITY. I also mentioned in my response that you will probably find private buyers willing to pay for the aftermarket parts. Especially if they were planning on installing such things themselves. Dealers would be a different story like you said. People need to lighten up around here. :rolleyes:

Chris

Hey chirs that reply wasn't aimed at you. You seem like you know what your talking about. It was to the rest of the people. I don't know whats up with them. I put my car up for sale. If they don't like the price don't buy it. But don't start a argument about the price. Any way the price is the price. If any wants to buy it ok if not sucks for me.

sam

saided,
Well whatever its cool. I guess you might not have gotten this big of a discussion over price if you would've posted in "For Sale" instead of MP3 General talk :). I totally agree that you will probably find somebody willing to pay what you asked or damn near it. I don't know what I would do though. I would probably try to talk you down now that I'm older and have a better understanding of sacrifices of reliability/warranty over the "those parts are the sheeit" factor. But anyhow, on with the sale and good luck.

Chris

In Newoundland:

Blue 2001 MP3

16000 kms
Maintanence plan
PIAA Xtreme whites
Yellow G2 Caliper paint

Make an offer

Back