mp3 ecu in 02 P5

visiongt9506

:
2002 protege5
i got an offer to get an mp3 ecu, and wondering pros and cons for doin the swap to my stock 02 protege5 ( soon to have intake and exhaust ). any info would be great

i got an offer to get an mp3 ecu, and wondering pros and cons for doin the swap to my stock 02 protege5 ( soon to have intake and exhaust ). any info would be great

if you use the search feature you'll find tons of info on this mod. basically it will smooth out your power band and add a few hp as well. only downside is that you'll need to run 91+ octane to see its full potential. it's literally a plug and play mod (took me 20 min to do when i had it), with the exception of the 300-600 mile "break-in" period where the ECU has to relearn your car.

ok i just wanted to make sure there was nothing else involved, the guy told me about the 91 gas witch is what i put in the car now

I would do this mod, but with the price gap between regular and premium getting wider and wider, i don't think i could justify doing it.

Last time i filled up, regular was $3.09, premium was $3.59. That's an extra $6-$7 bucks every fill up, which adds up.

Back