mp3 downloads

madduck99

:
03 es black mica
I am new to the mp3 craze, I just bought an ipod for my car, and i am in the process of downloading my cd's to the ipod. my question is what websites do people use to download mp3 off the internet? I don't want to use Itunes at .99 per song plus they don't have much of a selection of classic rock (70-80's). Are the sites that cahrge a per month few the way to go? Thanks in advance

I personally never download.. everything I've got is ripped either form my own or friend's cd's. That way I know they're properly and cleanly encoded... For doing that I HIGHLY recommend a program called cdex, it's shareware you can get it on downloads.com. simple, easy, and give you plenty of control.

I buy some tracks from iTunes, but I like to burn MP3 CDs for my car and iTunes store files are in AAC format. I just use Limewire or rip my CDs. I'm kind of anal though, and I like my MP3s ripped with a really high bit rate for better sound quality and it's difficult to find high bitrate files for download.

packetnews.com + MIRC

i got the new gwen stefani cd in 3 mins + 5 mins to burn LOL tahts faster than going to the store

I primarily just rip the songs from my CDs and use Limewire. iTunes is a great thing, but like Suomi said, they are AAC, and not MP3s. I have heard good things about Rhapsody. You pay a certain amount per month, and can stream an unlimited amount of music while on the internet, but have to pay $.79 I think to actually download and own the song.

If you are looking for less common stuff, your best bet would be to go with Limewire. However, downloading songs that you don't really own is illegal - but I'm sure we all know that. ;)

-Matt

my approach is, rip a shoutcast station you like (leave it on for days) then go through your pile of mp3s

Another question to ask, if you don't have high speed internet access, I am assuming ripping CDs will take forever?

why dont you just use iTunes to convert the AAC's to mp3's... its not hard, and its pretty damned fast too.

Back