Moving to Dallas soon

luvmyprotege5

:
'02.5 Protege 5
Hey everyone. I will be moving to Dallas in the beginning of May and would like to find some places to hang and talk to others who own Mazdas. My Protege is still in the early stages of upgrading but would like to have a group to learn from and hang with that have the same intrests in Proteges as I do. (hi)

Welcome..

Welcome to Big D when ya get here. I think there is a thread for a gathering around here. I myself live in Lewisville, and know of one not too far away at a Sonic every Wednesday night. Haven't had a chance to go yet, but I read it's a fun event.

(beer) (spank) (smash) (guitar) (yippy) (nana)

MrGone said:
Welcome to Big D when ya get here. I think there is a thread for a gathering around here. I myself live in Lewisville, and know of one not too far away at a Sonic every Wednesday night. Haven't had a chance to go yet, but I read it's a fun event.

(beer) (spank) (smash) (guitar) (yippy) (nana)

Hey thanx for the info. Do you know what Sonic and how far that would be from dallas( I will be living about 1 mile east of white rock lake)(i think that is the name of the lake)

luvmyprotege5 said:
Hey thanx for the info. Do you know what Sonic and how far that would be from dallas( I will be living about 1 mile east of white rock lake)(i think that is the name of the lake)

It's about a 30-35 minute drive to the meet around 9PM and about a 20-25 minute drive back after 10:30. We can roll up there together and I'll introduce you to the rest of the guys that show up.

Although if you're not going to be here until May the meet might move somewhere else. A lot of cops have been showing up to discourage the burnouts and highway racing and I have a feeling these meets will eventually end like the Plano ones did and move to a new location shortly after.

Keep an eye on this section, I'm sure someone will post if there's a change.

Last edited:
Hey tx speed sounds like a plan. i hope its still going down when i get out there. i would really like to meet some new people and have a good time while living in dallas. plus i would like to see some proteges and get more i deas for mine.

No problem. Even if these meets aren't happening the DFW Protege club seems to meet up about once every 2 months or so. I'm sure we could get together to welcoe a new member.

See you soon

That sounds good. I will be looking forward to getting there. Make sure all the ladies that love the Protege are ready for me when I get there!!

Also to anyone out there. I was just wondering if people with limo tint (i.e. 5% tint) get hassled(sp?) at all from the police? I have limo tint on my car and want to know what to expect when I get down there in May.

I have orange tint on mine which is illegal in TX. I've been pulled over 3 times since I put it on, and it has never been mentioned once. I doubt you'll get pulled over cause of the tint, you just might get the ticket added on if you get pulled over some thing else and give the cop a hard time.

Well then it sounds like I will be alright then. Hey speed do you have a pic of your car. I have never seen orange tint before and would like to see that.

I like it. When you look in the car it looks like normal dark tint, but when you look "through" it, then you notice it's orange.

MSP004.jpg

MSP005.jpg

aDSCF0023.JPG

On another note, looks like the Weds meets are no more. Cops really broke them up last night. We relocated to a different place, but it wasn't the same with everyone nervous. I'm sure by the time you get here they'll spring up again somewhere else.

Nice. It's subtle but still noticable. I like. That sucks about the meets, I hope they have started up somewhere else by the time I get there. So what made the cops break it up? Are there just stupid people that can't help but show off what they have?? Or are the cops just being dicks?

luvmyprotege5 said:
So what made the cops break it up? Are there just stupid people that can't help but show off what they have?? Or are the cops just being dicks?

Both.
Last week the cops were walking up and down the isle ticketing people for any infraction. This week it was broken up before I made it out there. Apparently the cops were walking up to everyone and telling them they were gonna ticket anyone who stayed and hung out.

Every week there are dumbasses who show off. The scene here is pretty young consiting of mostly high schoolers and some college kids, a lot of whom spent daddy's money on their rides and don't know any better than to act stupid. Cops probably just had enough.

I'm sure the meets will be happening again when you're here. That's around when everyone gets out of school so summertime meets tend to be the largest here in town. If not we'll all just head out to Kennendale Raceway where we don't have to worry about cops.

Back