Moving friction point

schmitty

:
'08 MS3
When I first got my MS3 the clutch would engage about 1 inch from the floor. In the past 9 months and 8000 miles the friction point has slowly crept up. Now it is almost at the top.

I seldom beat on the car this is however my first MT, so I did learn some lessons on it.

1) is this normal? (I have heard that the friction point moving is normal)
2) is there a way to make it more like it was before?

i believe the clutch fluid is the same as the brake fluid, but may be in separate reservoirs, check the fluid levels first. i can't see how 8000 miles made your play go from all the way down to almost all the way up

then you may be able to adjust the play in your clutch pedal. either that or it's self adjusting, in which case you probably won't be able to. hopefully someone else posts up that knows more about the problem

I had the dealer look at it and they said it was operating fine. I tried to convey to them that it works properly and that I just miss my old friction point, but it was apparently lost on them.

I'm pretty sure this happened to me as well. It definitely feels like its close to the top, I think its self adjusting. It occasionally was tough to get into third when it was brand brand new but it doesn't do that anymore, so maybe it wasn't disengaging all the way and now it is. I don't know, it could be all in my head.

if it means anything i know us p5'ers all have it the same way...the clutch completely kicks in close to the top.....

might be a mazda thing

Most hondas I've driven don't engage until the very top of the travel. I could put my civic in first by basically nudging the pedal. Although it has 280,000 km on it so I bet its pretty worn down.

Also same thing here, I also notified that on my previous Civic, but only after about 60k. Right now I only have 5k on my speed.

Back