motor question

dark3

:
mazda3 hatch
my 05 3 2.3 motor spun a bearing, which means i have to get the crank cut and balanced, and some other things happened to my valves and pistons, so i would rather buy another motor. i tried local junk yards and they only had a 2.0 and an 06 2.3. and i know they have s*** loads of mazda6.

so my question is does the mazda6 2.3 fit in the mazda3 engine bay with the same sensors etc.

my 05 3 2.3 motor spun a bearing, which means i have to get the crank cut and balanced, and some other things happened to my valves and pistons, so i would rather buy another motor. i tried local junk yards and they only had a 2.0 and an 06 2.3. and i know they have s*** loads of mazda6.

so my question is does the mazda6 2.3 fit in the mazda3 engine bay with the same sensors etc.

Sorry, I don't know about the Mazda6 question, but I have to ask, did you run out of oil?
-enganear

I'll tell you what combo won't work w/out complication: 04 vs 06 2.3l. Different crank pulley, crank sensor, timing cover, oil pan (dipstick location) intake cam and valve cover just to name a few. Find an online parts source and see if you can look up things listed above to see if they interchange. That would be a good starting point.

Sorry, I don't know about the Mazda6 question, but I have to ask, did you run out of oil?
-enganear

yea i did, i lost track of mileage since i dont put a sticker to remind me, which i should have done, and i travel alot to work and back home and next thing i know im hearing a bad knocking sound from inside the motor.
i guess thats what i get for making fun of my friends 3 who also spun a bearing

I'll tell you what combo won't work w/out complication: 04 vs 06 2.3l. Different crank pulley, crank sensor, timing cover, oil pan (dipstick location) intake cam and valve cover just to name a few. Find an online parts source and see if you can look up things listed above to see if they interchange. That would be a good starting point.

yea thats why i didnt buy the 06 2.3, that and cuz it was crashed from head on, broke the intake manifold.

Umm....what's up with all the rod spinning? You AND your friends 3? Don't you normally spin a rod bearing by over revving?

Umm....what's up with all the rod spinning? You AND your friends 3? Don't you normally spin a rod bearing by over revving?
he actually babies his car, all stock just rims. and then around 50k miles he spun a bearing. i have 59k and i spun a bearing. its common on mazda3 i know of other 3 owners who have spun a bearing. thats one way to spun a bearing

he actually babies his car, all stock just rims. and then around 50k miles he spun a bearing. i have 59k and i spun a bearing. its common on mazda3 i know of other 3 owners who have spun a bearing. thats one way to spun a bearing

It doesn't matter what motor it is. Ff you run any damn motor out of oil, it will seize (stooges)

It doesn't matter what motor it is. Ff you run any damn motor out of oil, it will seize (stooges)
actually he had gotten an oil change the day before. he drove to the beach and on the way back he started hearing a knocking sound, he thought it was the car next to him, that other car pulled away and sure enough it ****** up on him.
this guy isnt into racing or mods

actually he had gotten an oil change the day before. he drove to the beach and on the way back he started hearing a knocking sound, he thought it was the car next to him, that other car pulled away and sure enough it ****** up on him.
this guy isnt into racing or mods

You really ran out of oil/ how in the heck does that happen?

^^ well if the douche bags at the lube shop overtightened the cartridge filter or didn't use the right tool, it can crack and leak - this happened to some mazda 6 members early on. I'm sure the same thing has happened to a few mazda 3 members as well.

^^there was no oil leaks, but he had switched to synthetic.

Synthetic shouldn't matter (as long as it's the right weight). Spun bearings are usually because of low oil or mods. Yeah some engines could have defects but this is NOT normal for the 3.

^^ well if the douche bags at the lube shop overtightened the cartridge filter or didn't use the right tool, it can crack and leak - this happened to some mazda 6 members early on. I'm sure the same thing has happened to a few mazda 3 members as well.

A puddle then?

Latest posts

Back