Motegi FF7 Wheels

Nothing looks better than a dropped P5 on 17s, IMO. Thinking long-term, it's probably better to get the 17s now, maybe run tires with a little more "meat" on them, like 205/45s (that's the stock MSP setup) to reduce the appearance of gap. That should be a good compromise. Later on down the road, when they wear out, or when you do your suspension, you can opt for 40-series tires at that time.

amsgator said:
its gloss tho, thats the only thing i didnt like about it.

does anyone know anything about motegi? some other sites said that they are not worth the money? idk what they meant by it but i can get the ff7 17s for 115 a wheel...

Motegi is made by American Racing. I've had no problems with mine after 2 seasons of use. Lots of people run them, they are a good wheel.

In response to your previous question, my car is loered like 1.5" and still doesn't run. REALLY close, but not actually touching. If you put rims on your car and don't lower it, it looks gay like a 4x4.

JoshP5 said:
Nothing looks better than a dropped P5 on 17s, IMO. Thinking long-term, it's probably better to get the 17s now, maybe run tires with a little more "meat" on them, like 205/45s (that's the stock MSP setup) to reduce the appearance of gap. That should be a good compromise. Later on down the road, when they wear out, or when you do your suspension, you can opt for 40-series tires at that time.

yea. i just cant get it all right now so i have to decide what order to go in. wheels then lowered or lowered then wheels....

the struts and springs will be slightly more than the wheels, so we'll c

If you can only afford one or the other, lower first. You will hate your car on 17's without being lowered... Looks like a 4x4.

apparently sway bar links are required for the tokico hp. anyone know anything about them, how much are they?

As far as I understand it, the stock end link mounting tabs are in the same location as those on the HPs so you should be ok staying stock. If you need them, stock end link replacements are like $30ea or so.

The springs in the Tokico HP handling kit seem a little stiff for the HPs, better suited for Illuminas--I'd save $$ and go with Tein/HP.

JoshP5 said:
As far as I understand it, the stock end link mounting tabs are in the same location as those on the HPs so you should be ok staying stock. If you need them, stock end link replacements are like $30ea or so.

The springs in the Tokico HP handling kit seem a little stiff for the HPs, better suited for Illuminas--I'd save $$ and go with Tein/HP.

okie. when i get the money i'll check into it. hopefully its not too much.

Maxx Mazda said:
I second that. I'm using stock endlinks with the HP's. No problem.

thats weird, two of the sites selling them say we will need new ones, one doesnt say anything about it. o well. the less i have to buy the better :)

JoshP5 said:

if i do w/ tein and hp its going to be 100 MORE not less...so i may just get the tokico kit when the time comes

JoshP5 said:
I'd save $$ and go with Tein/HP
amsgator said:
if i do w/ tein and hp its going to be 100 MORE not less...so i may just get the tokico kit when the time comes

I meant save up for the Teins--they're an excellent product. But it depends on what you want. Teins will drop a little more, are likely better suited to HPs, and are linear all around.

Back