Motegi FF7 Wheels

amsgator

03.5 Protege5
:
Yellow '03 5-Speed MP5
alright so I think i decided I want to get the Motegi FF7 Gunmetal wheels. the only thing i dont know is if I should get 16 or 17. if I get 17 i will have to get new tires as well, and my tires are only about 500 miles old. i'm not sure if they will fit the 16 in or not, I'll have to check into that, but if they do should I just go ahead and get the 16 in so I wont need new tires, or will 16s not look right?

ff7g.gif

or would glossy black look better? i just dont like the gloss but some pics of the gunmetal make it look too light.

ff7_gunmetal_top.jpg

i like the first picture better since it looks almost mat black, but if it is this light i may just get the glossy black

Regarding size--I'm running 16s because the roads in MD necessitate sidewall. Since you're in FL, go with 17s. 16s work, but 17s have a little more presence on the P5. Also, dark colored rims look smaller, so factor that in.

JoshP5 said:
Regarding size--I'm running 16s because the roads in MD necessitate sidewall. Since you're in FL, go with 17s. 16s work, but 17s have a little more presence on the P5. Also, dark colored rims look smaller, so factor that in.

well it's either glossy black or gunmetal. i just dont know which route to go. i guess i will have to hold out for a while then since i'll need new tires as well.

ok i just went to wheelmax.com and it says it wont fit my car. wth? according to the motegi site it will. so idk what the deal is

Yeah, with that 42mm offset it will be extremely tight. I'm running 16x7 with 40mm offset and had to roll the fenders. I'll bet you'll be ok. If not, you can rent a fender rolling tool for $50+s&h to and from TX--it's not a big deal to do it yourself. Hope this helps!

EDIT: fender roller rental: www.rollyourfender.com

im with Josh on the 17's. 16's just dont fit right especially with a gunmetal/black rim and the polished lip. hard to explain, just one of those visual things. plus if u can afford to go to 17's without risking your rims getting mangles on potholes, etc then do it. im in NJ and i have fun with my 17s, but as long as i keep my tires inflated enough and watch for tire swallowing potholes i can manage. plus on a side note, its nice to have a back up set of rims... i know in FL it wont matter much but for NJ it works out nicely. good luck. (drinks)

yea. i was thinkin about gettin 17s but if i do it will have to wait til after xmas since i'll need new tires. there are several potholes around here....it sux.

I'm on Motegi RT-5's (white) and I think they're like a 42 offset, and with a 205 tire I get no rubs.

Maxx Mazda said:
I'm on Motegi RT-5's (white) and I think they're like a 42 offset, and with a 205 tire I get no rubs.

yea i read that as long as i dont lower it i wont need to roll the fender?

kudakev615 said:
plus size it or go home:)

yea i will. lol. 17s but i gotta wait for em til after xmas when i get money from my relatives. job isnt puttin out enuf right now

its gloss tho, thats the only thing i didnt like about it.

does anyone know anything about motegi? some other sites said that they are not worth the money? idk what they meant by it but i can get the ff7 17s for 115 a wheel...

i'm a big fan of 17" gunmetal rims on P5's. i kinda like black better on yellow though. there's some guy in my area that has a yellow P5 w/ blacks and it looks hot

amsgator said:
yea i read that as long as i dont lower it i wont need to roll the fender?

If you don't lower it, 17s with 40-series tires will emphasize the appearance of wheelwell gap. At stock ride height, 16s will look more natural.

JoshP5 said:
If you don't lower it, 17s with 40-series tires will emphasize the appearance of wheelwell gap. At stock ride height, 16s will look more natural.
obviously if you have bigger wheels the wheel gap is gonna be bigger...

JoshP5 said:

gah ok back to step 1 now. lol. i cant afford new struts and wont be able to for a while so lowering is out of the question for now. so just get 16s or still get 17s and deal w/ the extra gap?

Back