Most underrated Car/Supercar?

Subaru Forester XT. It's faster than the WRX and it's a "cute ute"

Breeegz said:
Buick Grand M'Fn National

anybody follow how much those are worth these days? They had claim to the fasted production car ever produced till the Viper (that's what I heard, so don't flame the messenger)
GNX baby... That was a badass car and a steal considering it was about half the price of anything else out there that was faster from the same year. Starting at only about $30,000, only the $106,000 911 Cabriolet was faster from the factory. 0-60 in 4.7 and 13.5@102mph from Car and Driver. The GNX had a run of 547 cars IIRC so it's safe to say it held it's value better than any Porsche or Ferrari of the same year. Waaaay more rare than the Grand National and quicker. I think the Dodge Spirit R/T or the Regal T-Type would be a close second as far as underrated goes, since they're very much the sleeper car. The Sprirt R/T is about as fast from the factory as the SRT-4, but it actually had power windows. Sadly, they had problems with cracking intake manifolds and oil pumps going bad, so you won't see many of those anymore. The T-Types are out there, but are hard to distinguish from the regular Regals.... Except for possibly the GNX, though, none of these are really "supercars" in the truest sense.

Last edited:
just throwing out ideas here, but altspace's avatar made me think of it...the mitsu 3000gt vr-4 is an amazing car that people seem to forget about when they talk about the era of japanese supercars. it never gets lumped in with the 300zx tt, the supra tt, rx-7 tt and the NSX. it came from the factory with so many cool techno stuff that was so far ahead of its time

MikeAwesome42 said:
just throwing out ideas here, but altspace's avatar made me think of it...the mitsu 3000gt vr-4 is an amazing car that people seem to forget about when they talk about the era of japanese supercars. it never gets lumped in with the 300zx tt, the supra tt, rx-7 tt and the NSX. it came from the factory with so many cool techno stuff that was so far ahead of its time
Maybe the fact that is was slower than any of the cars you listed and cost more had something to do with it... 320hp is great until you put in a car that weighs two tons. Don't get me wrong, they're nice and were ahead of their time, but compared to the RX-7, Supra etc... the 3000GT VR-4 never did anything for me.

MikeAwesome42 said:

because it weighed 4500lbs...but I can't deny that the styling was nice.

Edit: Puckpimp beat me to it...lol

as far as muscle cars go.... what about the buick gsx... 1970 iirc had the 455 and was the fastest production car (acording to my dad, who is a muscle car encyclopedia so i believe him) but it really doesn't get the respect today like the gto/chevelle or even nova's get.... nice car, guy was selling one for years i passed every day... nice lookin car for sure...

MM26-BUG-Profile2.jpg

tsunami said:
as far as muscle cars go.... what about the buick gsx... 1970 iirc had the 455 and was the fastest production car (acording to my dad, who is a muscle car encyclopedia so i believe him) but it really doesn't get the respect today like the gto/chevelle or even nova's get.... nice car, guy was selling one for years i passed every day... nice lookin car for sure...

MM26-BUG-Profile2.jpg

Those cars are really high in value NOW though. (That is a bad pic, those cars look really sweet).

Evo!!!!

J dragon said:
I'd say the Evo is Overrated moreso than underrated

And what brings you to this statement? What was going through your head when you said its over rated? Is it a good quality car? Well no in some aspects, but if we are talking about an all around car it stops at the EVO, (I am not a mitsu fan at all) The NSX cannot off road, you cant take a NSX change tires and boost go from a drag race and do well, to a road course and do well then a rally and do well can you? nor can you do that with a GSX or a 427 cobra or a lotus, fact is a fact, I have seen a evo drift at the drag strip between races (test and tune day) Just to be funny and piss off the old muscle car guys (he didnt over steer like a drift car but you get the point) I say the EVO is not over rated its under rated for sure it deserves all the attention it gets and more!!

tsunami said:

MM26-BUG-Profile2.jpg
Make me miss the '70 Skylark GS455 I used to have. Now the GSX is an absolute beast. When I first started drvining the GS I was coming back from South Beach one night and saw a GSX in orange iirc, that was totalled. What a shame.

Back