Most Comfortable Spring Setup

maxuz

:
Mazda2
My 2010 MS3 came with H&R Springs on it, and while I appreciate the performance, I think my days of sacrificing comfort for ride quality may be behind me (especially on these Baghdad-esque south Boston roads), so I'm looking to soften the ride up a bit. I'd love to get a set of stock springs to try those out, but barring those, what springs are known to be the comfiest? All my digging looks like H&Rs are the roughest, and Eibachs are... less harsh than that, but I haven't seen a decent comprehensive post that covers Eibach, Sprint, Corksport, and whatever else is out there.

thanks for the help!

Generally, in reliable aftermarket springs, the Eibach Prokit is known to offer the best OE like ride.

Y'know your best bet, should you have the money, might be the Koni FSD set up which can be ordered with Eibach's included.
If you are not aware of the FSD's, they are a self-adjusting sport dampener. The harder you drive the harder they hit. But if just cruising around town they act like a set of good quality OE's. (Is there such a thing??)

That's a tough thing to do. If you want your car lower you will need lower springs and on factory struts it can make for a harder ride because they are just not designed to do that. Factory struts will work and last a long time with a set of normal range of 1-2in of drop. Going anymore than that and you will want to get into some new struts. Most aftermarket struts are made for "performance" witch means they will be stiffer than factory. Like bbrich was saying the FSD's will self adjust but they may still be stiffer than a factory strut.

That's a tough thing to do. If you want your car lower you will need lower springs and on factory struts it can make for a harder ride because they are just not designed to do that. Factory struts will work and last a long time with a set of normal range of 1-2in of drop. Going anymore than that and you will want to get into some new struts. Most aftermarket struts are made for "performance" witch means they will be stiffer than factory. Like bbrich was saying the FSD's will self adjust but they may still be stiffer than a factory strut.
Yes, when you put lowering springs on factory dampers, they are no longer "centered" and are therefore already in compression.
Well then what about the Eibach's w/Koni STR-T's?
They are a twin-tube design that is "lowering spring friendly?" Non-adjustable and said to emulate the factory ride w/Koni quality... and of course they're priced right too. I'm thinking about them for my own car, since I don't plan to go any lower with it.

Back