More P5s in my area...

bumpin_p5

:
2002.5 Mazda Protege5 SportAuto
I have noticed a major rise in the number of Protege5s in my area. But, still none of them are modded. I work as an entry controller at a military installation and in the past few weeks, I am seeing alot more coming thru the gates. I have seen alot more out in town as well. I used to see only two or three a week, now its like 5-10 a day. I talked to a few of them and most of them just bought their cars. I was just wondering if any of you guys are seeing more P5s in this way. Later.

It's like that with any car that I've owned. You never really notice them on the street, until you have one. I do the samething. Whenever I see one, I want to stop and take a pic beside it! But that's the dork in me, shining through!

I understand completely. Went to the auto parts store sunday and saw a red P5 with temp tags from carmax. The manager of the place got out and saw me backing in. We talked for a bit and he was glad that I was buying parts for a different car.

Same day a different red P5 pulled up next to me at the light and the guy kept looking over. We talked at the light and he had just bought his also.

Last week an older couple in a yellow P5 parked next to me at the grocery store. I walk out to the guy walking circles around my car. We get to talking and he starts the it is going to be my sons care and I am going to make it real fast for him. He then adds that he can get all sorts of hp by putting in an intake, header, exhaust. I pop my hood and show him what it willlook like when he is done. He says I bet it is real fast now. I say not really but still fun to drive. I think he believes the advertised hp too much and not actual gains.

Until then I had the only P5 in this John Deere loving county. Their high school has one day each year that the students can drive their tractors to school.

Diehonda said:
Their high school has one day each year that the students can drive their tractors to school.

^My wife's high school did this.

There is another red P5 around here with an exhaust on it. He's cramping my style. Other than that, there used to be a silver P5 around here with 19s, exhaust and LED replacement lights. I haven't seen it in a long time though.

Demoniam said:
It's like that with any car that I've owned. You never really notice them on the street, until you have one. I do the samething. Whenever I see one, I want to stop and take a pic beside it! But that's the dork in me, shining through!
couldnt agree more...i never noticed them until i bought mine..but i have yet to see another modded P5 in person

I will attest that in the last few months there have been a lot more Protege5s popping up in my area. I believe the reason is in the used market. you can pick up a used Protege5 these days for dirt cheap. Dealerships are starting to get quite a few in stock as previous owners have got them paid off and are looking for something new with a warranty.

xelderx said:
I believe the reason is in the used market. you can pick up a used Protege5 these days for dirt cheap.

They are selling for 13K with 70K miles and 14K with 50K miles here.

Not cheap really. Heck they are the same price as the MSP's here.

Diehonda said:
They are selling for 13K with 70K miles and 14K with 50K miles here.

Not cheap really. Heck they are the same price as the MSP's here.
word? so i dont feel so bad for paying 13 for mine now

Back