Moldings tough?

Just wait for a hot day, or get a hair dryer/heat gun. Get some goo-gone and maybe some clay bar for the residue. Other than that, taking the actual molding off is not hard if its hot enough.

So living in Arizona finally paid off, Hawt Dowg. Thank you very much. So is it just a matter lossening them up and peeling off?

no holes. just get it started with a fishing line, then grab it and slowly and steadily peel off so it leaves as little adhesive behind as possible.

Super easy. Get in there the best you can with fishingline and grab and slowly peel off. If there is residue left behind, let it bake in the sun for an hour and it will just roll off really easily with your thumb. Then, when you get the chance. Claybar the surrounding area (and why not the whole car while you're at it) and be sure to put a coat of wax on there for protection.

Easy as pie...problem is if the door was sprayed/painted after the moldings were on, then you have a great line in the door like mine...FFAFAFFFFCCK!!!!

Probably put mine back on at some point vs. repainting the door...

Sweet deal! Thanks. And if rocker moldings are the ones on the door I'm sure that wou be fine (<- Peter B)

The line that some get is from paint fading a bit in the sun, some say that leaving it in the hot sun will make the line go away as the paint flows.

Living in AZ probably helps you there too but more likely you will have a line when you first do it.

Back