Mold in 2016.5 Rear Driver's Side footwell - Unknown source of water

I noticed some white mold growth in my rear passenger area (drivers side).
I have the factory floor mats with the Weatherproof rubber floor mats on top of that.
Pics show the mats removed.
Where the mats are usually placed in the suv is very damp. The border along where the mats clearly have mold building up, with a large amount near that center pillar.

Any ideas what is going on here or how to remediate?
TIA!

B4760CDF-781E-437C-A1E6-E13E640B616E.jpeg
A191CC03-D798-4B68-9CBF-FA3BA32EC2AD.jpeg
39ABBEBA-82B5-4778-A583-07423D2F4D1F.jpeg
0338DB30-5FDA-4BBD-9D65-5A02B8D9289E.jpeg

Looks like it might be clogged sunroof drain on rear left

I had exact same issue in my '16, in the last two rain storms before it went back to the dealer it would take up water and driver's mat would become all damp/wet. Didn't wait to see if mold would start growing.

The car had been serviced by the dealer all the time, if that's a known issue shouldn't they include unclogging procedures???

I noticed some white mold growth in my rear passenger area (drivers side).
I have the factory floor mats with the Weatherproof rubber floor mats on top of that.
Pics show the mats removed.
Where the mats are usually placed in the suv is very damp. The border along where the mats clearly have mold building up, with a large amount near that center pillar.

Any ideas what is going on here or how to remediate?
TIA!

Why two layers of mats in the back? I hope that you're not doing the same for the fronts?

Probably a headliner drop to clear rear sunroof drains... that is the how it is done on my other vehicles... unless you can easily get at the bottom of the drain and go from the bottom up

Back