Modifying the Side Marker Bulbs

Mazda2Gecko

:
2011 Mazda2 Touring
A buddy of mine got me a set of LED's for the side marker for my birthday, and i was wondering if anyone has any experience actually removing the bulb from the side marker housing. I figured out how to get the whole unit out, but I am not sure the best way to go about removing the bulb itself.

Any help would be appreciated (cheers2)

Are you talking about the small amber oval on the side? That you have to replace entirely. No bulb replacement. If you're talking about the side-marker in the headlight housing, I believe that I've heard people say that you get to it through the wheel well after removing the liner? Someone else that's done it will have to help you more.

Are you talking about the small amber oval on the side? That you have to replace entirely. No bulb replacement. If you're talking about the side-marker in the headlight housing, I believe that I've heard people say that you get to it through the wheel well after removing the liner? Someone else that's done it will have to help you more.

Im talking about the small oval on the sides of the car. Im thinking about heating the unit at a low temp and seeing if i can get the glue to free up enough to get to the bulb, i may be able to rig it into the housing if i can. Any thoughts on that method?

Those sidemarkers are a parts-bin item from Mazda, and have been used on other models as well (like the 1st gen 3). There are aftermarket ones that you can buy (for pretty cheap) that allow you to swap the bulbs in them.

Those sidemarkers are a parts-bin item from Mazda, and have been used on other models as well (like the 1st gen 3). There are aftermarket ones that you can buy (for pretty cheap) that allow you to swap the bulbs in them.

Any idea where a good place to start looking for those would be?

I'd just start Googling for "Mazda 2 sidemarker", or try on eBay. I just did a quick search and found a couple of places selling sidemarkers with LEDs already built into them.

I'd just start Googling for "Mazda 2 sidemarker", or try on eBay. I just did a quick search and found a couple of places selling sidemarkers with LEDs already built into them.

Yeah, i've come across a few of those as well. Wonder where else i could use these bulbs

Do you know what size/number bulb they are? They'll probably work in the interior or rear license plate.

Got it to work....it took some modifying of the sidemarker housing, but they are in and they are green!

Back