Mk1 Mazda Premacy

pr0xibus

:
Mazda Premacy
Morning guys

Its been a bloody nightmare trying to find a forum for the Mazda Premacy mk1 i know this is for mazda 5 which i think is mk2 premacys.

Anyway I bought a Mazda Premacy last week 91,000 miles on the clock no history. When should the timing belt, plugs, filters etc be replaced? I have read on a few places that their is some kind of problem with clutches at this mileage?

Looking to replace the stereo system with a touch screen dvd player etc, how to i remove the system cant see any screws etc.

Regards

If yours is a 1999-2004, I'm afraid it's a different beast than what most of us are driving in the North American market. To the rest of the world, we're driving the MK2 and MK3 models, with the 2.3L and 2.5L engines. There may be similarities, but honestly I wouldn't know what they are.

Strange that the Mazda UK website doesn't provide downloadable user manuals. Mazda US does. Looks like Mazda UK really pushes the purchase of scheduled maintenance plans.

Good luck!

The owners manual should give you all the intervals for that stuff. It seems you could have any one of 5 engines but all the gas engines call for 60K miles timing belt service. If its original, it should be changed ASAP. If you have zero history, you should inspect the belt for dry rot or cracking, if you see anything bad, change it. Clutches dont give trouble at a specific mileage, thats a normal wear item and its dependant on driving habits. It goes when it goes, no telling whats going on there. Hope that could be of some help.

Cheers for the replies guys,

Yes you are correct 1999 - 2004 Model 2.0 Sport Nice car but finding forums for help and how-to's are a bloody nightmare. No owners manual got the car with an MOT and oil change and car tax that's all lol

Back